Chapter 15

Garp and Tsukimi arrived on Dawn Island in a few hours, the weather amiable enough for a speedy travel and Celeste Island being somewhat near the Red Line. Tsukimi unfortunately found out throughout the trip that she's seasick. She occasionally threw up instead of constantly throwing up so that's a plus in her book. Most of the time, she's curled up into a ball and taking slow, deep breaths to ignore the nausea. She couldn't even use her illusion illusion powers to make herself not feel the nausea; she couldn't concentrate enough to use her powers. Throughout the trip, Tsukimi is thinking about different things to take her mind off her seasickness. 

"Why am I seasick? I wasn't like this in my past life..."

Garp also talked to get her mind off her nausea. In all his years, he's never seen someone this seasick and that's saying something.

When they finally docked at the island, Tsukimi dragged herself off the dinghy and laid there on the ground to take a few calming breaths. When she doesn't feel nauseous anymore, she drinks from her water bottle to rinse her mouth. Once she's okay, she turns around to thank Garp for waiting for her and that she's ready to go.

He wasn't there.

Tsukimi closed her eyes and took a deep breath. She looked at the sky, looking as though the answer was in the sky. Tsukimi used her observation haki to locate Garp. All she had to do was look for a large, haki signature that's currently chasing three smaller haki signatures...

Tsukimi sighed. She found him.

************

"What did you say?" Garp asked threateningly.

"I'm not gonna be a marine! I'm gonna be the pirate king!" Luffy shouted.

"Well, I'm glad I brought you guys a role model. Make sure to get along and listen to- I left her at the docks!" Garp gasped in realization.

"I'm right here." Ace and Sabo jumped in surprise from the ground while Luffy turned his head 180 degrees in the direction of the voice.

"Oh my moon, that's creepy," Tsukimi thought.

"Tsukimi-chan! You're here! I thought I left you at the docks!" Garp said with surprise. Maybe she followed him and he didn't leave her there by accident?

"You did." Tsukimi nodded. "I had to find my way to you."

"Bwahaha! Sorry about that! But at least you found me! How did you find me?"

Should she say she has observation haki? She has a feeling that he'll train her if she does but it's training. He has battle experience and that would be helpful when she's going to protect herself.

"I have observation haki."

"Oh?" Garp grinned. "Why didn't you tell me earlier? I would've helped you train. In fact, why don't I train you and my grandsons right now?"

His grandsons paled. This is it. Their grandpa's going to kill them all. There's no stopping him from training them; the only choice now is to run. But first, they need Luffy out of Garp's grasp. Tsukimi suddenly flung some dirt at Garp's eyes, making him cover his eyes with his arm while Sabo grabbed Luffy out of Garp's grasp. All four of them booked it out of there.

They ran for their lives, hearing Garp thundering after them.

"What do we do? We can't lose him!" Sabo panted after running for 20 minutes.

"I have an idea. I just need 20 seconds. Can you guys buy me that time?" Tsukimi asked, feeling her endurance reaching her limit.

Sabo, Ace, and Luffy looked at each other while they're running. Their eyes seemed to communicate silently. Ace's eyes struggled between agreeing for a chance to get out of their situation and disagreeing with the boy their grandpa told them to listen to as a role model. Eventually, Ace decided that his friends are more important than his pride so they all turned to look at their new companion, nodding their heads. "You got it!" It doesn't mean that Ace will thank him later though.