Chapter Sixteen

[A/N: This is probably the only book I've been working on for the past week, this one chapter at least]

----

"So, Tony's gone. He was kidnapped" He counted his paces as he walked back and forth. "Steve is injured to the point where he's now in a coma, currently." he turned to Nick Fury. "I'm sure today can't get any worse?" Nick Fury gave Coulson a blank stare as the man smiled charmingly than the director let out a long sigh, did he just jinx it.

"Is there any video feeds of the incident?" Nick Fury questioned, they were in DC so there had to have been a couple of cameras about that probably saw everything go down. Coulson nodded his head.

"Yes, I can have the recording sent here if you wish?" Coulson waited for a response, he got a quick pause before a nod came from the Director. "I'll go talk to some Agents and have it done" Coulson briefly nodded his head before making his way out the office. Nick fury watched him leave.

"This week's a real hoot." Fury mumbled to himself, before turning to look out his window down at the city he looked down at his watch before turning to look at the holographic screen.

"Mrrrow?"

The cat caught him attention, Fury glanced down and scoffed, walking over he picked up the animal out of its bed. "Don't cause me any trouble either, y'hear Goose?" The cat headbutted him and Nick sighed, dropping the animal back into it's cozy bed.

"You called for us in person, sir?" Sam opened the door to his office, stepping inside with Clint by his side. Fury turned to them with a rough nod.

"Yeah, heard about what happened in DC," He noticed them tense a bit. "I know you boys weren't there but I want you to check out the area, find out any clues of where they might've taken Stark, and why instead of Steve"

"Probably for his armor" Sam said, raising a hand. "Y'know Red skulls kinda obsessed with powerful tech" he rubbed his chin. "Dunno why he'd go after Tony again though actually-"

"Just go" Nick fury said, he was in the mood for a short briefing, a long one would give him too much of a headache. Clint and Sam gave him a look, glancing at each other.

"Sure" Clint said as Sam waved goodbye and stepped out the door, Clint stayed behind to pay Goose on the head, looking at Fury with a "Nice cat" before bounding out the door.

Goose glanced over at Fury who mumbled a response to the retreating archer. "Watching him for a friend" he glanced at the cat as it yawned tiredly before rolling around. "Psh" he looked at his computer.

"Sir, the videos-"

"I'll watch them later."

____________

Bruce walked into the living room, catching the attention of the people in. "Steve will be fine," Medic walked in behind him. "Don't know how long he'll be out but right now we got everything pretty stable" he blinked. "Where's Sam and Clint?"

"They went out" Natasha responded, focused on her work while Thor and Heavy chatted away. "Which I'm about to do the same, Fury's putting together a search party for Tony" she looked up. "You should stay here with Steve though"