Chapter seventeen

[Again, I'm mashing universes of Marvel (and Tf2 I guess) together, so this is based off of movie events and cartoon events]

"I'm afraid you may have misheard me, I don't want your armor Stark" The tone that Red skull spoke in would frightened anyone, but not Tony. Who'd be scared of some strawberry who couldn't even grow a beard. "I want knowledge"

Tony scoffed. "Really?" He asked with a raised eyebrow, his armor had been taken from him, discarded to the side and useless to Red skull, so he sat vulnerable in the chair, with no protection. "Because you can get knowledge just fine in an elementary school, I hear they teach the ABC's"

The comment didn't faze Red skull. "Oh please, I don't need to relearn English" he moved to Starks side. "Besides the last school I went to burnt to the ground" Obviously referring to something more sinister, but Tony laughed bitterly.

"So maybe that's why you aren't that bright"

Something impacted his chest, right besides his arc reactor and Tony wheezed from the sudden pain as Red skull grabbed him by the hair, yanking him up despite the restraints. "I'm done playing with a puppet" he hissed, violently pushing the playboy back down. "I wish to know where Ultron is."

"Ultron? Where the hell have you been Vision killed him- we killed him, can't use him skully," Tony grinned a bit. "If that's all you wanted to know than why bother taking me at all"

Red skull leaned back. "A bargaining chip is one" he replied, circling the inventor like a predator stalking their prey, except Tony was simply a aggressive dog tied down without his teeth, but certainly had his bark. "And please Stark, I haven't been living under a rock, I know about what happened" he stopped, shifting on his feet. "But something like Ultron, do you really think you defeated him that easily? He is but an AI mind transferring from body to body until the last is destroyed but do you really think that's the case?"

"He doesn't have anything too jump to where we put him down" Tony replied with a clear gaze. "Can't tell you where either"

"Perhaps, but I'm willing to bet that there was something you miscalculated, a singular electronic that he could jump too and survive, but be trapped inside it until something more mobile could be used" he started walking to the door.

[A/N: Forgive my lack of knowledge about the age of Ultron, my memory is fuzzy and I can't remember what happened exactly in details and I don't particularly need a recap in the comments so don't bother]

Tony rolled his eyes. "There are serious flaws to your plan strawberry" he called out, Red skull never paused as he pushed down the handle of the cell door. "You may need to think this through better"

"Perhaps" Red skull turned to him from outside the cell. "Perhaps not," A smile crawled onto his lips. "I'll see you in the morning Stark" A few hydra agents took the armor out of the room and then Red skull closed the door, and the lights flickered off leaving Tony in the pitch black darkness.

Tony rolled his head, the lingering pain in his chest was becoming more bearable now, he stomped his foot once and yelled, something that would not be heard but he was certainly going to try. "At least leave a nightlight"

Back at Avengers tower

Bruce was constantly checking on Steve, while at the same time avoiding the guests in the living room knowing Friday would inform him if anything happened, he decided to check in with the search team, using him computer while sitting at a table in a lab, Natasha came on screen, behind her he saw the DC monument. "Hey, Nat I know its been 4 hours but-" he awkwardly rubbed his arm. "How's the search for Tony going?"

"Well, so far we think Hydra is toying with us"

"How so?"

Natasha didn't answer, Bruce saw Sam flying in the background before the screen flickered and switched, showing the ground where caution tape surrounded a pile of familiar looking armor, Tonys armor but with a familiar symbol spray painted onto the helmet, Hydra. Bruce boiled a bit but calmed himself quickly before his green roommate could come out. "Clint suggests we could track the locations the armor has been in before so S.H.I.E.L.D is bringing it back to the Helicarrior for a proper scanning" the screen turned back to Natasha's face. "We may not be home for awhile, you sure you'll be fine?"

Bruce laughed awkwardly. "Honestly? I don't know how much more I can worry about Cap" he looked at Steve, now peacefully sleeping on the less than comfortable medical bed. "And Tony" he looked back at the screen. "I mean, how often does Steve come home bloodied and having nearly died from a Hydra attack?"

"All the time? And he didn't nearly die- listen, Bruce you'll be fine" Natasha looked behind her, apparently one of the Agents was calling for her. "I have to go, let me call you next time ok?"

"K" Bruce watched as the call was hung up, leaning back he rubbed his face stressfully, than jumped when something shattered in the background, with a groan he looked up. "Friday?"

"It appears that the Pyro has knocked out a vase with a flower in it, would you like me to send someone up to clean it?"

"No, no don't bother I got it" Bruce stood up, looking over at Steve once last time the scientist walked out of the room, grabbing a broom on his way back to the living room to clean up glass and dirt from the floor, he felt like this would be a long day.

Alaska

They treaded through the snow for quite awhile, Mark happily kicking up and watching it break into pieces. Soldier however seemed a bit annoyed. "Didn't you say it was near, private?" He asked, refraining from cursing at the child.

"I did" Mark responded, looking up at Soldier. "But I seem to have a different definition of near" he jogged forward, and a confused Soldier ran after him. "We should be close"

Soldier grunted. "Is your definition of close different too" he questioned, at least until he ran into a street sign. "WHO PUT THAT THERE" he screamed, bringing out his shovel having originally thought an enemy had hit him, before realizing it was a street sign.

"I don't think so" Mark answered, motioning forward he showed that, there was a Walmart right in front of them. "C'mon" he jogged forward and Soldier followed after, and even though his brain may have been smaller than a pea, Soldier took notice of how empty the place looked, how no one was around to question what an armed man with a shovel was doing yelling at a street sign.

It was like the town hadn't been empty a few days ago and yet, it seems like its been abandoned for years. "Private, wait for me" he jogged to catch up with the child, looking around the store which was completely and utterly destroyed, items of all kinds on the floor, probably indicating there was some form of fight here. "Looks like the commies got here before us" he scowled.

Mark gave him a look, before glancing forward and picking up discarded chips, checking the expiration date before looking back at Soldier. "I don't think it was commies" he said.

"Who else could it be?"

"I don't know," Mark raised an eyebrow. "But we aren't in a war with Russia, so they wouldn't have a reason to attack a random Walmart in Alaska" The kid had a point, but Soldier refused to believe otherwise.

"We'll rescue your grandfather from the commies Private!" He announced, placing a hand on Marks shoulder. "And than, I'll train you in the art of war!" Mark looked like he was going to say something, but a crash sounding from the other side of the store.

"What was that?"

"COMMIE"