Chapter 1

Welcome to book 2! I know it hasn't been very long since I posted the last chapter, but I am hoping to make this book longer as there will be more Edmund moments in this book! Enjoy xxx
______________________________________

3rd Person pov

It was pitch black outside, showing off the beauty of the night, the stars twinkling, the sea creating a quiet ambiance. An ambiance, that was  soon broken by a woman's screams of pain. Ladies in waiting rushed around the room as their lady gave birth, screaming in agony. As she held her baby to her chest, relieved it was over and her baby was safe, another man was waiting on a balcony, looking over the dominion. "Lord Miraz, you have a son." A voice sounded from behind him.

Lord Miraz didn't look thrilled but seemed to be happy, "The heavens have blessed us. You know your orders General Glozelle." He told the general, who merely nodded, "Yes, my lord," Before leaving. 

In another part of the castle, a cloaked figure snuck through the hallways and into one of the bed chambers, where the young Prince Caspian lay sleeping peacefully, until the figure covered his mouth, abruptly waking him. Startled, the prince looked at the figure, his fear fading at the sight of his Professor, "Five more minutes," He muttered, trying to turn and go back to sleep. "You won't be watching the stars tonight, my prince." Professor Cornelius told him hurriedly, "Come, we must hurry." He began pulling Caspian out of bed and towards a wardrobe.

"Professor, what's going on?" Caspian asked in confusion, his Professor responded, telling him that his aunt had given birth, to a son. Caspian's eyes widened slightly as he finally knew the magnitude of his situation. Professor Cornelius stepped into the wardrobe, the prince doing the same, leaving the door open a crack, he could see his bed and the guards carrying crossbows surrounding it. Caspian's eyes widened as he saw the guards fire dozens of arrows into his now empty bed, feathers floating everywhere. 

Escaping down a stone spiral staircase, Caspian finds himself a sword and races to his horse, Destier. The soldiers must have noticed his bed was empty now and were coming to search for him under his Uncle's orders. "You must make for the woods." Professor Cornelius told him desperately, "The woods?" Caspian asked confused, having been told to stay away from the woods since he was a child. The boy's Professor nodded, "They won't follow you there," He told the Prince, handing him a wrapped object, "It has taken me many years to find it. Do not use it except at your greatest need." He warned.

"Will I ever see you again?" The Prince asked, looking at his closest friend and confidante. "I hope so, my dear Prince. There is so much I meant to tell you. Everything you know, is about to change." He replied ominously, turning his head when they heard soldiers on their way, "Now go." Caspian rides away from his home as fireworks blessed the sky, a celebration of the new baby beginning.  The Telmarine soldiers chase Caspian deep into the woods, when Caspian looked back and didn't see them, he felt momentary relief. That relief was quickly snuffed out when he was knocked off of his horse by a low hanging branch. 

After being dragged by his horse and struggling to unhitch himself, he lay on his back in the dirt for a while, before sitting up and looking around. Suddenly, a door opened to his right, two dwarves stepping out of a nearby tree and noticing the human prince. "He's seen us!" The dark-haired dwarf shouted, as the other draws his sword and headed towards him, only to freeze when he saw the horn that the Professor had bestowed upon the boy. The ginger-haired dwarf then looked up and saw the soldiers heading towards them all, "Take care of him," He muttered, rushing towards the Telmarines with his sword raised.  

Neither of the dwarves notice the human grabbing the horn and pulling it to his lips until it was too late. "No!" The dwarf cried as the horn sounded and almost reverberated through the quiet forest, before the prince was knocked unconscious.