♕︎2c: Familiar♕︎

For those that will read my A/N, I'm in a slightly better mood than when I wrote it😅❤️

*
We're gonna fly
We're getting high
You got the moondust
I got the sky
We got the stars (stars)
We got audio
*

I arrived at the place in no time. Rashid had texted me the address, somewhere between Satellite town and Festac city, so it was easy for me to navigate.

The house where the party was being held looked dilapidated, like it would fall apart any moment. Around it where rows of houses, similar in structure and design with peeling paints of greyish green and mouldy brown, a pungent odour lingering in the air.

I cringed in disgust the moment I saw it. My cousin could roll with the rich and elite if he wanted to. He had the money. Had the fame. Had the name. His down-to-earth lifestyle annoyed and infuriated me sometimes. This was one of those times. But I decided to inhale my disgust, suck it in and let it simmer inside me and 'have fun' like my cousin and his friends wanted.

"Forget Asa, tonight." He had told me. "Chill, have fun. There'll be girls at the party. I can hook you up if you want."

"You were literally just preaching I lead a more wholesome life, Rashid."

"Wholesome shmolesome." He scoffed. "You're heading back to the house, yeah? Cut things off. Like Nadia told you."

"How did you know what Nadia-"

"Cut things off, Amir. No fall my hand, abeg."

I had gone back to the vacation house in Offshore, Rashid and Nadia's words, ringing in my head.

Be her friend. I kept muttering to myself. Don't fight it. Be her friend.

I had found myself in her room, wanting to apologise and start afresh with her. She didn't kick me out of her room like I expected, she had let me stay and... Talk to her. She had let me hug her.

"Hey, I want to try something out. Promise me you won't freak."

She had felt so soft and warm in my arms, her chocolate scent, her soft sweater, her generous hug... It was more than I ever wanted.

I should let her go... I CAN let her go.

In the end, Kam walked in on us, probably misunderstood the whole thing and effectively kicking me out.

I sighed, rubbing my forehead, secured the lock on my car and climbed up the dark, dank stairs.

The apartment where the party was being held had Particula by Major Lazer was booming out of speakers, so it was easy to locate it.