Author's Note

Hello my faithful readers!

I would like to thank each of you for your dedication in this first installment of Lily's adventures. I am pleased to inform you that this is the first book of The MayFlower Series and Lily's journey in this series is far from over! But before I tell you more on that I would like to give you a peak into Lily's character.

Lily Mayflower is a character of my own making. I chose her last name to be Mayflower after the ship that brought the pilgrims over from Europe. That way her last name was related to water but wasn't something so readily obvious as Aqua. She fills a needed role in Percy's life and in the next book you will see why!

I would like to thank firstly my readers. Thank you for your support!
And to all my fervent commenters! You all have made this experience an absolute blast! Thank you so much! (Comment ->here<- if you are one of those people ;))

Also to my voters! You all really help me get word out about my book so that other people can be apart of this experience.

To my friends who have been there, reading, listening, and fangirling along with me: thank you! I don't know what I would do without you!
Thank you to my family and all you who support me!

Finally to my Dad. My father has set aside time to help me edit every single chapter that you have read. It has been such a blessing and I just want to thank you for your help.

Now, as I do in all my books at the end of the Authors note: a little bit of Marvel.
Enjoy.

~<>~<>~<>~
•Chapter 1•The Children of Water•

"All hail Lily Mayflower! Daughter of Poseidon!" Chrion shouted to the massive audience of demigods.
The campfire burned her back as she's stood next to the massive centaur, half horse, half man, that Chrion was. His horse half was covered in a white coat of horse hairs, while the rest of him consisted of a older professor looking man, with slightly long hair for a guy and keen eyes. She stood next to him and looked small in comparison.
Butterflies stirred in her stomach, in the silent moment before anyone did anything after the announcement. Suddenly Chrion kneeled in front of her. She watched in silence as the huge audience of demigods that surrounded the campfire shuffled and moved themselves into a kneeling position towards her. As much as she wished that it was because they admired her. she knew it was because of her powerful dad, or even because of her powers.

In that moment standing in front of the solemn faces she could tell that what she had feared most was probably coming to pass. . .

~<>~<>~<>~

I hoped you enjoyed that little peak at book 2 in The Mayflower Series: The Children of Water. Join me in April of 2015 to welcome Liz to Camp Half-Blood.

Is it as good as Percy made it seem? Is it the paradise she was promised? Or will it be her worst nightmare.
As Lily continues trying to fit in as a new daughter of Poseidon she is surprised to find everything at camp to be both alien and familiar. Isolation, horrible past, and a not so great future are ominous to Lily as she tries to make due with the life of a demigod.

-Elizabeth Freeman