06 Zoey

"Zo!" I yell wrapping her in a hug.

"Katie! What happened to your face?!" She asks first thing.

"It's nothing." I brush off the question. "How've you been?"

"I'm good... you gonna let me in?" I nod pulling her into the living room. "So... my best friend is the Luna. How's that?"

"It's... good. Carson can be really sweet. He offered to take the day off today just for me. I had to go all Luna on him telling him the pack needs their Alpha." I tell her. "So... did you find your mate?"

"Not at the run..." she says obviously leaving something out.

"So where? Who is he?" I ask knowing there's more.

"Ummm... he's the Beta of a neighboring pack. That's actually why I came. I'm leaving tonight." She says blushing about her mate but avoiding eye contact like I'd be mad at her or something.

"That's great, Zo! Congrats." I smile as she looks up at me.

"I'm gonna miss you!" She yells hugging me. "But seriously, what happened to your face?" I thought she'd dropped that.

"I told you its nothing."

"And you're full of crap!" She quickly responds. I sigh.

"Carson and I had a misunderstanding. Its nothing really. I got him upset he responded. I'm fine and he took care of me after. Don't bring it up honestly I'm good and he feels bad enough already." I explain.

"He should be upset! But so should you! He should be groveling! And even then you should just kick him in the face!" Zoey rants.

"He's my mate, Zoey, and I love him. Honestly, it's none of your business. I provoked him. He's an Alpha. They have quick tempers. We dealt with it together as mates. I'm fine." I respond.

"Let's see what do they say about fine? Freaked out. Insecure. Neurotic and. Emotional. You are not okay. He is abusing you! Come with me. We can leave this pack." She suggests.

"No! You go but I'm staying with my mate!" I yell.

"Yes, please leave." A strong voice rings out behind me. "My mate and I are happy. I've approved your mate's request for you to change packs. Leave before I change my mind." Carson wraps his arms around me as Zoey stares slack jawed.

"Katie please co...."

"I said LEAVE!" He roars causing her to scurry out.

"It wasn't me, Carson. She came her she started saying stuff... I swear I don't want to go I...."

"Shhh. Shhh. Shhh... I know little mate. I was listening to you defend me, defend us. You are free of blame in this. I hope you can see why I didn't want you with other people. They abandon you and try to tear us apart. I love you too much to subject you to them." He stops me and kisses my head. "Just you and me, little mate, you and me."

After Zoey left Carson stayed with me the rest of the day. I wonder how he knew she was here but honestly I'm just glad he came. I can't believe my best friend wanted me to leave my mate!

After dinner Carson spent the night making me feel better. We snuggled watching a movie, ate snacks, he even gave me a massage saying I was to stressed out. It was everything I ever wanted in a mate.

The next morning I woke up nauseous. After puking my guts out I found saltine crackers were my best friend. As long as I'm eating I'm good.

"Where's my coffee?!" I hear Carson yell from the kitchen. Crap! All the nausea made me forget.

"Coming." I groan.

"What's wrong with you!?" He yells grabbing my hair as I enter the room.

"I'm sorry. I think I'm sick. I've been nauseous all morning." I tell him and he let's go.

"Nauseous?" He asks eyebrow raised and a smirk on his lips. I nod and he grabs my hand. "Come with me."

He takes me to the bathroom and digs in the cupboard. When he hands me a box my jaw drops.

"Pregnancy test?" I ask and he nods with a smile.

"Go on." He insists watching me intently. I nod then twirl my finger requesting he turn around. With an eye roll he turns his back to me as I take the test.

"Now we wait." I say setting it on the counter. Carson sets a timer and we sit in the edge of the bathtub to wait. When it dings Carson is the first one up snatching the stick.

"Looks like were having a baby." He says with a smile on his face. "My little Alpha... alright, little mate, here are some prenatal vitamins. Make sure you take them. I want my pup to come out strong."

"Why do you have all this stuff?" I ask.

"It was only a matter of time until you conceived. I like to be prepared." He shrugs. "And now I'll have my heir." The smile on his face is the biggest I've ever seen. "Also we have an appointment for the little one tomorrow. I want you resting at all times to make sure he is safe."

"How do you have an appointment already?" I ask. He is like beyond prepared for this its kinda creepy.

"Mind link. I am just so excited about our little boy! Aren't you?" He asks his high spirits wavering slightly.

"Of course I am! I just am not as ready for it as you obviously are." I respond.

"Well get ready, little mate. His life is in your hands." He says. He honestly seems upset by that fact. No pressure or anything.

Holy crap! I'm pregnant.