Soon as they entered the beautifully decorated lawn, Shehnaaz was pulled in by all her cousins into their group as they were excitedly chatting and catching up.

She looked around. The centre stage was empty that means Gunni and Mohit were yet to arrive, everyone looked so beautifully prepped for the evening.

There was happiness all around.

But she was searching for a particularly handsome face of her husband.

Her antsy eyes scouted the whole venue, but to her dismay the guy clad in a black blazer that she was looking for couldn’t be spotted.

She called him multiple times but was defeated again after she got no answer.

“Kaha hai kucchu? Aaja na mere paas, sorry maine zidd ki. Maaf kar de” she mumbled under her breath.

Her eyes turned misty blurring her vision.

Her cousins had moved away to fetch some drinks while she sat there alone, pulling and tugging on the corner of her dupatta, her brimmed eyes had now spilled over wetting her face.

“Sidharth tu itna bura hai na, jaa… main v gall ni karni tere naal hun” she thought out aloud, wiped her tears determined & sat there awaiting her cousins.

A few moments later, she felt a pair of hands cup her chin from behind.

She was so familiar with the touch, his smell, that she didn’t even have to turn back to see who it was.

Her sad face split into a grin, but she straightened up immediately resolving to be angry at him.

She uncurled his fingers with hers and shoved his hand away.

Sidharth came and sat beside her letting out an audible sigh, bumping their shoulders.

“Arre tu yaha baithi hai? mujhe toh laga tu naach rahi hogi kahi, See there, the dholis are going full power” he smirked and pointed at the Punjabi band who were going crazy, pulping the dhols.

“Haa abhi bass jane hi lagi hu, aaj toh full power nachungi” she scoffed trying to even out with him.

But a minute later she looked at him with puppy eyes “Sorry, nahi dance karna hai maine. Galat zidd kar rahi thi main, pata laga mujhe” she pouted and looked at him again expectantly.

But his gaze was fixed ahead with a straight face and a nerve on his tightened jaw fluttered, making it evident that he was still fretting.

They both sat in silence as Gunni and Mohit entered.

The whole family gathered near the stage as they were about to get on it for their performance.

Mohit and Gunni’s performance was a mashup of all romantic numbers and Shehnaaz was so mesmerized watching them dance that she didn’t even realise when his hand came over hers lacing their fingers together.

As the crowd erupted into a hoots and claps, Shehnaaz felt his warm hand in hers and turned to him with her eyes wide.

“Ho gaya gussa shaant mere puttu ka?” her familiar mischievous smile came back as she curled her fingers around his arm, looking at his face which was softening with her touch.

“I wasn’t angry” his blank stare turned to her “I was worried that you might hurt yourself or the baby, ok? But tujhe harr baat mein zidd hi karni hai toh theek hai, fair enough. Isliye chala gaya waha se” he said nonchalantly and turned back to the stage again.

It was Mohit’s parents dancing on some retro songs this time.

As the music died down, he heard a soft sob and his eyes shot to her.

Shittt !!! he sighed and promptly got up and walked away as she sat there sobbing.

Shehnaaz hated him at that time.

“Manaya bhi nahi, chala gaya firse, maine sorry bhi bola, lekin iska ajeeb hi chal raha hai” she shook her head, distorting her pout.

Her chin quivered as she tried to control her tears not wanting to create a show for the people walking around their table.

She mindlessly scrolled through the pics they had clicked on the way when she felt his presence again.

In one hand he nursed a plate of food and in one hand was a glass of juice.

“9.00 baj gaye hai baby, khana kha le, fir tujhe tablets bhi leni hai na?” settling down by her side he started telling her how he had chosen some acidity free food from the selection of buffet, but she had tuned off already and just looked at him in awe.

This was his way of consoling her, unusual and still full of attitude but it warmed her nevertheless.

Her heart fluttered when she saw his transformed version.

Gone was the angry, brashful person who hardly even knew how to arrange things for himself, and here he was making an effort to turn into a fully functional, loving caring husband and eventually a papa.

He is going to be the best father to their kid.

Her hand reflexively felt her belly and her face was covered with a soft smile as her gaze fixed on him. It was when he waved his hand in front of her face, that she realized she had stopped breathing.

“Hello !! Mamma Shukla, kaha kho gayi aap?” his voice broke her daze.

“Daddy Shukla, hamara nonu iss duniya ka sabse lucky baccha hoga pata hai” she held the lapels of his jacket as he fed her

“uske baba iss duniya ke sabse best baba hai” her words were muffled because of the big piece of carrot he had shoved in her mouth.

He fed her dinner as the passersby teased and fawned over the beautiful couple who were about to complete their lives with a tiny new entrant.

Shehnaaz watched the Sangeet performances laughing and clapping gleefully as his arms cocooned around her to shield her from the chill building up in the weather.

The next morning, Gunni and Mohit were to get married and start their new lives as husband and wife.

_____________________________________________

Please vote karo.. comment karo.. aur meri story nu share karo

Love love

Sidnaazkidiwani