She dragged her trunk down the stairs until she reached the ground floor, then trudging all the way to the office where she was met with her angry looking mother and the headmaster, not even trying to contain her excitement of bidding farewell to her least favorite student.

Cherry rolled her eyes at the scene in front of her, her mother signing papers and glaring at everything in sight. She would obviously be pissed, but Alicia would get over it. She was, in fact, an actual decent parent, and Cherry was grateful for that.

She waved goodbye to the headmaster one last time, and as she left the school, she could hear the bangs of the fireworks and the shrieks of a girl echo in the halls behind her, and she smirked, tossing her bags into her car's trunk.

~~

Alicia sighed, somewhat disappointed in her daughter, yet somewhat proud that she had a daughter that knew how to stand up for herself. She was just glad that she didn't have to pay those expensive private school bills anymore.

"So how'd you manage to sneak hair remover into that girl's shampoo?"

It was silent for a moment, then Alicia glanced over at her daughter and smiled, and the two burst into a little fit of giggles.

"Well, she was in a class, and I was ditching, so I went into her dorm's bathroom and snuck it into her bottle before she came back," Cherry replied after a minute, smiling at her mum.

"And were those fireworks I heard when we left the castle?" she asked, laughing along with her daughter.

"Yup," she said, giggling. "I snuck them onto Leya's door right before I headed down to the office." Cherry was glad that her mum wasn't too mad. She was still worried about where she would be sent to after this though. The numerous possibilities swarmed her mind, and she mentally flinched as some of the options were rather unpleasant.

The two chatted for a while, and then Cherry had finally asked the inevitable question. "Mum, where am I going to go after this?"

Alicia sighed, her eyes still paying attention to the road in front of her. "We're going to move back to London. I didn't want to do this, because of you biological father, but I'm going to send you to Hogwarts. It's the only good school that will take you."

Cherry bit her lip, and thought back to everything that she's heard about the place. It was known for a good wizarding school, and it would be nice for a change. After being around only people of the same gender for so long, it was exhausting. Besides, her dad went there, it might be nice. It would probably be better than Beauxbatons anyways, less prestigious, meaning the less snotty straight white stuck up people there were.

She wondered what house she'd be put in... if people would stare at her like they did at Beauxbatons... Hopefully, it would be a fresh start for her, for this group of people to not know her the way that the other girls did back in the castle.

"Okay, that sounds good," she finally said, giving her mum a small smile. Alicia sighed in relief, scared that her daughter would refuse to go. But it wasn't like Cherry had much to leave behind, except for Fleur of course. She'd been trying to not think of her this entire car ride, and surprisingly it wasn't that hard.

You know what they say, out of sight out of mind.

"I've already contacted headmaster Dumbledore, you'll be starting next Monday. In the meantime, we need to go move all our stuff to London. I've already ordered a truck, and we should be leaving tomorrow, so I need you to put all your stuff in the boxes that I got for you, okay?" Alicia said, running a red light and checking the mirror to make sure their weren't any cops in sight.

Cherry laughed at her mother's recklessness, and said, "Yeah, sure."

She was going to miss this place, even if she haven't been around all that much. She spent most of her time either at school or in muggle places, sometimes taking Fleur with her. She realized that was the first time in this entire hour long car ride that she's even seriously thought about her.

How was their relationship going to work out with her in London? She had helped Fleur buy a phone last time they were in town, so they should still be able to communicate. Was long distance going to work?

She would make it work, she thought. Little did she know, Fleur was already having doubts about their relationship.

Back in the Beauxbatons castle, Fleur sat in her dorm room, the room feeling awfully bare without her girlfriend's band posters and LED lights. The absence of her presence felt weird. Not even a bad weird, just... strange. She was curious as to if this was going to work out or not, though she was already starting to doubt it would.

Even though she was usually the optimist, she just couldn't seem to find the positive in this situation. She was already considering if this "long distance" thing was even going to work, as the muggles would call it.

Sighing, she went over to her trunk and pulled out the bottle of red wine and poured herself one in one of those weird champagne glasses that Cherry had gotten her for her Birthday last year, and sat back down on her bed, contemplating the roots of her and Cherry's relationship.

~~