Chapter 6

I'm on time once more, I really hope you guys are going to enjoy this chapter. I certainly had a lot of fun writing this ("Why are you smiling so much at your laptop?" ~ mom). So please, enjoy, vote and comment. 

And please stay safe. 

First race weekend

Bahrain
Sunday evening

"Lando, I am not going to-"

"Yes, you are!" Lando was dragging Marylinde through the hotel. "He obviously has a thing for you."

"No, he does not. He just recognized me as the fellow racer who ran into him because her friend so nicely made her do so." Lando was dead set on the fact that Pierre had a minor crush on Marylinde after he had started to follow her and commented on her most recent photo, saying she needed to keep her head up, that she would get her time to shine.

"Yes, he does. Now shut up, fix that mess on top of your head you call your hair and knock on the door."

"Not a chance."

"Fine, suit yourself." Lando knocked on the door and ran towards the stairs, leaving Marylinde dumbfounded and just when she wanted to spring into action and make a run for it herself, someone opened the door.

"Hi." He said with a polite smile on his face. "Can I do something for you?"

"No, I'll be fine, I'm sorry, I must have knocked on the wrong door." Marylinde was about to turn around when Pierre's voice stopped her.

"Pyry, who's that?" From behind the broad man's back, Pierre's messy mob of hair emerged. "Marylinde." Pyry stepped aside. "What are you doing here?"

"Long story, not going to explain and I'm going to go now." Pierre and Pyry both frowned.

"Do you want a glass of water?"

"Sure, why not. Might as well inform you about your crazy fellow formula one drivers."

"I'm going to go then. I'll see you tomorrow Pierre." Pyry walked into the room, grabbed his things and left.

"So, come in?" Marylinde followed him into Pierre's room, but before doing so, she heard Pyry say hi to someone, right in the corner of the hallway Lando had run to. "Here." Pierre handed Marylinde a glass of water and mentioned for Marylinde to sit down on the sofa which was located in the living room section of his hotel room.

"Thanks. Okay, before you start thinking weird things because of me, let me give you the entire story." Marylinde started to explain that the running into him was all Mick's fault, probably to get back at her for calling him out for being single. Then he responded on her Instagram, sending Lando, Alex and George into a frenzy.

"So they all think I have a thing for you." Marylinde nodded.

"They do. So Lando dragged me here, knocked on your door and ran like his life depended on it."

"Which it probably did." Marylinde chuckled.

"It did. Just don't think of me as some weirdo, that would not be the truth. I mean, I can be a little bit weird from time to time, but I'm not like some stalker trying to get a guy's attention."

"Don't worry, you would be a very cute stalker, but I now understand you are not."

"Thank goodness."

"I meant, cute, not the stalker." Pierre had a mischievous glint in his eyes and Marylinde laughed.

"Oh trust me, I'm not cute."