Chapter 35: Mr Beezelbub

Start from the beginning

He always wanted to repent. Wolf never liked getting off scot-free. He needed to repent to Juno, Razor, Raphtalia and the others. But he wouldn't be able to if he couldn't get out of this cage.

Wolf breathed in. "Moon that shines its brightest with my howl, ascend my spirit for my great hunt ahead." Wolf's eyes turned blood-red. His muscles twitched and he bared his fangs once more. His claws arched and his fur grew out, grey and grizzled. He enclosed his hands to fists and howled until his throat bled raw. With a crash, his shackles broke free. The clank of metal echoed throughout the halls. He listened closely with his only ear left. There was...no guard? Where did he even go? While certainly interesting questions to ask, he didn't have time to care about the answer. His wrists were dripped crimson blood, and his feet were still bound. He opened up his jaw, and bit down onto the metal. The iron shackling him down was hard, but his teeth were harder. More pressure, more force. More, more. More howling, until blood ran from his mouth. A tooth cracked and started to bleed, and another pierced his gums. That didn't matter. Just bite down harder and harder. "Harder...HARDER!"

The iron snapped against his jaw, releasing wolf from his prison. He yanked out the broken and jagged teeth. It hurt badly, but it was for the better. His wrists and mouth were bleeding now, leaving a trail of blood for his capturers to lead them to him. He needed bandages. He needed water. He needed a weapon. "Pack leader of the hunting grounds, grant me the strength of a hundred of our kin." Wolf's eyes turned a sapphire blue, and while his claws weren't as sharp and his fangs weren't as jagged and his fur not as wild, his muscles tensed with raw adrenaline. He grasped the iron bars of his cell tightly and yanked them open. The blue of his eyes died back down into his usual golden pupils, and he fell to his knees. Tiring work, calling upon the gods. But he needed to get out of here. He needed to...to...wait, where would he go after this? He couldn't go back...he couldn't face his brothers...he couldn't face Beezelbub after what he did. Just grab a weapon, some bandages and go. Think of the rest later.

He crept along the hall silently. He peaked up the staircase to see a guard, asleep and with a bottle in hand. "(Why are guards in these castles always so useless)" he walked up silently to the soldier and saw one a few bottles lying around. One of them was broken, which was no doubt the fault of the little happy hour this guy was having. He picked up the broken bottle and shoved it into guard's neck. He awoke suddenly, gagging and gasping for air, but only finding blood. He looked into the eyes of the Wolf that hunted him, and the Wolf watched on as blood poured onto the bottle and out his mouth. The guard weakly grabbed at the bottle in his throat. Blood poured onto his gloves, which now could only the stroke the shard with the strength left. With one final gagging plea, Wolf watched the light fade away from the man's eyes. His body fell back into his chair, his eyes as moist as his throat. Wolf dragged the body back into his cell and took the clothes and weapons of the dead man. Not the highest point in his life, but he had to survive the February night somehow. With clothes on his back, a sword at his side and blood on his hands, Wolf made his way through the halls of the Augustus Mansion.

Augustus Mansion. As pretty as a palace, as majestic as a mansion, and yet as carefully constructed as a castle. The thing was guarded like a fortress. A pain for Pastal for sure, but he always had a way. Behind him, he heard the rolling of a carriage make its way towards him.

"Boss, we got the stuff"

"Good, was there any trouble?"

"Well, yes. But it was sorted out quickly after Viking stepped in."

"Good man. Ok, everyone gather around. I've conducted a plan I think you'll all quite like to hear..."

Ahh the lights. Bright shining lights. The crystal chandeliers reflected their warm glow on the golden curtains and white walls. Sturdy, shiny spruce floorboards and a thick 3-inch glass overview of the world beyond. This was the Augustus family's dining room, and tonight there was a celebration.