"What are you doing?" I whisper-shout.

"I'm not going to let him hurt you!" Anakin replies.

"He's not going to hurt me!" I yell, matching my tone to his.

It isn't until after I say it that I realise how loud I was speaking. Fives would've heard me, which means he knows that Anakin and Rex no longer trust him. This isn't a burden he needs right now.

"Please, Sir!" Fives pleads. "Please, I'm unarmed."

Anakin deactivates his lightsaber and Rex takes a few steps away. It hurts my heart to know that it took this much begging for the two of them to trust Fives.

"Alright." Rex agrees. "I'm putting my pistols down."

Rex places his blasters on a surface nearby and backs away with his hands raised. Anakin and I, however, do not part with our lightsabers. I keep mine on me because I don't want anyone to use my weapon against Fives. Anakin, on the other hand, is keeping his for very different reasons.

"What are we here for, Fives?" Anakin calls to the distant trooper, not letting go of his hilt.

"I need your help." Fives says.

"I know you do. We know you're not well. It's been rough for you these past couple days." Anakin patronises.

The way Anakin is talking to Fives is no better than how the Masters were speaking of him earlier. No one is willing to give him a chance to explain himself. If we listen, even for the briefest moment, we could uncover information of immeasurable value to the lives of everyone within the Republic.

"I'm not crazy!" Fives shouts. "Please, please, just...just hear what I have to say."

I know what Anakin and Rex are doing now. They're trying to find him by making him talk. I disagree with the use of such a tactic, but there's no use in trying to talk them out of it. They are as stubborn as each other.

"Fives, I know that you brought us here for a reason. Please just come out." I urge, not wanting this game to continue any longer.

"Come with us. Let us take you back to the Temple." Anakin says.

Suddenly, a whirring appears above our heads. I remember this sound from Grievous's ship. Before I can react, the three of us are trapped within the confines of a white ray shield.

"No!" Anakin shouts, slamming his fist against the shield.

"I just need you to listen to me. Please." Fives says desperately as he appears from his hiding place.

His hair is shaven and his skin is pale. I can tell by the frantic look in his eyes that something is not quite right with him. The thing is, it is nothing at all like what happened to Tup. Whatever is happening to Fives is unrelated.

"I'm not really sure we have any other choice." Anakin whines.

This is turning into a very different situation than what I had hoped for. All I wanted was for us to come in, listen to what he had to say, and leave together. At this rate, I have no idea how this is going to end.

"I was framed because I know the truth...the truth about a plot, a massive deception." Fives explains.

Fives spoke of this plot through our transmission earlier, however, it was only brief. I remember his urgency regarding the inhibitor chips implanted in l clones, but he never fully explained what the issue is with them.

"By whom?" Rex asks.

"Well, there's a sinister plot in the works against the Jedi. I have proof of it! I can prove that everything I know is true beyond a shadow of doubt!" He yells, putting his soul behind every word.