Chapter 327 and 328

Chapter 327

His unexpected disclosure to Mr. Roland about their relationship seemed nothing, that the exposure of the matter didn’t affect his mood at all.

It’s just that, as soon as he got out of sight, he grabbed Fang Chixia’s arm and held it gently as if there was nothing unusual to it.

Fang Chixia wasn’t surprised at all.

In her own understanding of the man, his defense was probably just because she was her woman now.

After they’ve separated, everyone will go back to their original positions.

A hidden marriage, all there was to her connections with him was being able to sleep beside him at night.

Luo Yibei, who was completely indifferent from beginning to end, didn’t make Fang Chixia feel at a loss. Her mood didn’t even stir a ripple. If nothing, she followed him back to the office.

With his first hand knowledge on Fang Chixia’s skills last night, Luo Yibei entered his office and sat on his tall chair. He asked, “Do you want to learn design?”

Fang Chixia didn’t even think about it and denied directly, “I don’t want to.”

Her answer puzzled Luo Yibei, “Why not?”

He was really curious about her answer.

She now lives with him every day and Rongxi was a legend in the jewelry design industry.

Now that he has extended an olive branch to her, this kind of treatment was probably what many people dream of.

With such preferable conditions for cultivation, as long as she nods, the future of the design industry was likely to undergo revolution in her hands.

For many, this offer was no doubt a pie in the sky, but she declined!

She actually declined!

Luo Yibei stared at her, eagerly awaiting for his answer.

Fang Chixia’s plan for her future was actually to enter the translation team of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and become an interpreter.

It was for this reason that she learned French, Italian, German, English and so on.

She was highly gifted in terms of languages. Others may take years to acquire a new language, but for her, she only needs three months to be able to communicate fluently, which was undeniably was her expertise.

Her major was the same thing and entering the translation department was a good choice. Designing wasn’t in anyway included in her plan.

Moreover, if she really were to engage in design, she’s afraid she’ll be dealing with the Luo family a lot more in the future.

These were all thought out in Fang Chixia’s mind, but she was clever enough not to let Luo Yibei catch a drift of it.

If she were so outspoken, he might take it that she dislikes him and couldn’t wait to turn her back on him while he still has his eyes on her.

Fang Chixia weighed her words cautiously, “Haven’t I already chosen French? Juggling my studies with Rongxi leaves me no spare time so let’s talk about it again later!”

She refused euphemistically. Neither did she provoke him, nor caused herself any trouble.

Luo Yibei stared intently at her, not believing a word from her, but still declined to probe more.

“I’ll go out first.” Fearing that he would ask more, Fang Chixia walked out calmly.

Her tasks were a lot more compared to when she was in Country C.

Whenever Luo Yibei encountered something cumbersome, he likes to hand it over to her to deal with. Running errands, miscellaneous, meeting arrangements, Fang Chixia was trained from being an insignificant assistant to a special personal assistant.

Holding a pile of documents, she just came out from his office when the telephone on her desk rang.

“Hello, Rongxi International.” Fang Chixia placed the folders on the desk before picking up the phone.

“I’m looking for Yibei.” The vaguely familiar feminine voice answered.

Chapter 328

Fang Chixia racked her brains, but just couldn’t identify the caller.

“Hello, do you have an appointment?” Sitting down in her seat, she asked according to protocol.

When the woman heard her, she seemed to dumbfounded. She remained silent so Fang Chixia thought of hanging up, the voice came again. “No, please tell him its Su Ran.”

Fang Chixia’s hand holding the phone froze.

“Miss, is there any further questions?” When she didn’t reply, Su Ran frowned.

“Okay, I’ll inform him right away. Please wait a minute.” Fang Chixia pulled herself back together and case aside her thoughts, then called Luo Yibei on the intercom.

Luo Yibei was in the process of browsing a large number of issues related to the new jewelry release advertising programs. Getting her call right after just going out was a bit unexpected.

Who knew that Fang Chixia’s first words when he lifted the receiver was, “Mr. Luo, Miss Su Ran is on the line. Should I put her through right away?”

Her disregard echoed her “Mr. Luo” or “Bei Shaoye,” which she often used when they were in public since arriving in the company. It really sounded like they were unfamiliar with each other.

She didn’t even sound like she’s asking for his opinion.

From the sounds of it, she seemed about to hang up and connect Su Ran to him.

Her indifference provoked a burst of displeasure.

Fang Chixia really was planning on doing so. With that said, her finger reached for the button to cut off the line and didn’t wait for his response.

But before she could press it, Luo Yibei’s chilly scolding rang in her ears, “Miss Fang, have I said you can put her through?”

Fang Chixia’s fingers stiffened and was caught unprepared by his comeback.

Luo Yibei said nothing more and slammed the phone down.

He must have slammed it down too hard because the sound even escaped and reached Fang Chixia’s ears outside.

They were separated by at least a few meters with a door in the middle, but it still reached Fang Chixia’s ears.

The bang was pretty loud and clear.

Fang Chixia listened to the beeping broken line on her ear and couldn’t figure out what just happened.

But, ignore it.

She’s always been professional at work. Taking Luo Yibei’s response, she called Su Ran back, “I’m sorry Ms. Su, Bei Shaoye is busy at the moment and is unable to pick your call. I’m sorry.”

Then she hang up.

Su Ran was stunned and couldn’t process everything for a long while.

He was too busy to pick her call?

After the phone call, Fang Chixia opened the folders she has just carried out and readied herself to do her own job, but the landline on her desk rang once more.

This time, it was from a woman named Lei La, a French aristocrat, who met Luo Yibei before.

Fang Chixia didn’t ask much. After the woman expressed her purpose, she directly dialed Luo Yibei’s line, “Mr. Luo, a young lady named Lei La wants to talk to you. She said it’s about the funds of a French consortium. The party is waiting on the line, if there is no problem, I’ll transfer the call at once.”

Her tone was nothing but formal. No fluctuations could be heard from her voice nor a little bit of personal feelings.

Luo Yibei barely put down his irritation from her call just a moment ago and here comes another similar call. His brows began to crease.