68. Misunderstandings

Start from the beginning

"Why? Why? Why? Shreya Why?"

I slowly stood up. My legs were wobbling.

"Why were you with him?" He asked me.

"It is not like the way you are thinking Atharva"

"Then what was that ?" He said while grabbing my arms tightly.

"Leave me Atharva you are hurting me"

"What about you hurting me?" He said making his hold tight.

"Ahh......"

"First answer my question. What were you doing with him?"

"It is just a misunderstanding. You are misinterpreting the things"

"Oh really? Then why were you above him all happy and smiling?"

I was stunned by his words. Happy and smiling?

"I was happy because of you. From his scared expressions, I understood that it is you who is standing at the gate. That's why I was smiling"

"You are lying"

"Don't you trust me?"

"I trust you more then I trust myself but you broke my trust"

"No, I didn't"

"You remember that day you were saying that trusting me is your decision and breaking that trust is my decision then why did you decided to break my trust?"

"You are taking me wrong. Please listen to me once"

"Everyone was against you, those messages, those photographs but I still trusted you. But you......."

"He was for....."

I wanted to tell him everything but he was not giving me chance to say anything.

"Even the driver told me that you were happy when you entered the cafe with him"

"Yes, but....you are jumping onto the conclusion with the wrong assumptions."

"Just answer my one question honestly.....Did you went willing with him in the cafe?"

"Listen to me at least once" I touched his shoulders.

"Jusr answer me in yes or no"

I gulped down.

"YES OR NO!" he shouted.

"Yes," It came out more or less like a whisper.

He punched the wall beside me very hard. I flinched back and then he punched again this time harder.

"Don't hurt yourself Atharva, please"

He snapped at me and I moved further into the wall like I wanted the wall to eat me.

"Why do you care about me?" He asked me

"What is this nonsense. Why won't I? I am your wife."

It is my limit to tolerate his rubbish. Pool of tears we're ready to spill out of my eyes.

"Wife?" He smirked but that smirk was not giving me good vibes.

"Why are you behaving like this? You know that I love you"

"But I am your second love," he said with a broken voice.

"What are you saying Atharva. You know that you were my first in everything. My first kiss, my first hug, my first love, and only you would be my last" I took his face in my hands.

"You are lying again. I know it very well that you love him before marriage. You accepted it that you love him when I asked you to sign marriage papers. And why were you adamant to bring him back to India"