sixteen

__________

𝒒𝒖𝒆𝒔𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏: 𝒉𝒐𝒘 𝒐𝒍𝒅 𝒅𝒐 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒌 𝑰 𝒂𝒎 𝒃𝒂𝒔𝒆𝒅 𝒐𝒏 𝒎𝒚 𝒘𝒓𝒊𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒔𝒕𝒚𝒍𝒆 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒘𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒅𝒐 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒌 𝑰 𝒍𝒐𝒐𝒌 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆?

__________

Kitioma Hadlee

          I wake up laid on someone else's bare chest.

My reaction is instant: I tumble off the bed, slamming into the floor, my entire body aching in pain.

"What the- oh," A voice says tiredly. "Just you being...you."

I look up and see a shirtless Tom Riddle laying on his elbow lazily, staring at me with a bored look. I look down and see that his shirt is over me. "Uh...why am I wearing your shirt?"

"You grabbed it last night, not me," He says, turning onto his back, his hands behind his head. "I, personally, would rather not have let you have that, but if I do recall, you barked at me, so I decided to let it go until this morning."

"I...barked at you," I say slowly.

He shrugs. "More or less. You don't remember much?"

"Hardly, I wasn't thinking. I wasn't drunk, was I?"

Tom shakes his head, still staring at the ceiling. "Nope. Extremely tired, but not a drop of alcohol in you."

"So...you basically took advantage of me because I was tired?"

His eyebrows furrowed. "Well, you didn't seem tired until the last bit, but I guess that could come with what happened before. Oh, and you wanted it."

I frown. "Well you said, and I quote, 'Wasn't planning on getting your permission, but that works too.' Isn't that considered rape?"

He smirks. "And I can quote you quite literally moaning, 'Please.' So I would advise not trying to argue against me."

I frown again. "Why...why did you do this?"

He laughs, running a hand through his hair. "How about you go back to your dorm before your dorm mates worry?"

"Because my 'dorm mates' don't give a living shit about me. Gabby is fake, Marlene hates me, and the others don't know me well enough to care about my life."

Tom looks like he's either about to laugh or argue with me, but a knock sounds at the door.

"Tom?" Someone pokes her head in the door.

"Yep, Izzy?" Tom replies lazily.

She smiles slyly as my face contorts into one of pure embarrassment. "Awe, you guys are together now? Geez, Tom, I didn't know you were capable of...those...emotions, you've never dated anyone before."

"We're not dating," Tom says without hesitation, one arm behind his head and the other twirling his wand in the air.

"So...why is she wearing your shirt and look as if she's been caught in a headlight?" Izzy asks skeptically, looking me up and down.

"Be-"

"Because," I break in. "I had to stay the night here because of...casualties. In the...astronomy...tower."

"Casualties..." She says slowly. "O...k..." Tom sends me an amused look. "What kind of casualties?"

I press my lips together and shift on my feet. "Catastrophic...casualties." I nod. "Mhmm. Very bad."

Izzy snorts and shakes her head. "Well, Tom, the Headmaster needs you. And Kiki..." I twirl a strand of my hair, innocently staring into anywhere but the dark-haired girl's eyes. "Knowing Tom, you should probably take it easy for the next few...days?"

Izzy closes the door behind her and I turn a heated glare to Tom, who just looks mildly amused. "Knowing Tom?!" I hiss, glaring at him.

"What? Oh, yeah, Izzy," He says, still twirling his wand. "What about it?"

"Let me guess, you've probably fucked her thirty or so times as you live right beside her dorm room!"

Tom's wand slips and hits him in the face. He gives me a weird look. "Izzy? She's like my sister, my mom had been best friends with her family for years."

"So why the 'knowing Tom'?"

"Why do you care?" He shoots back.

"Because-" I pause. Why do I care? "Because...it's gross."

"Gross?"

"How many other girls have you tried this with, Riddle?" I say coldly.

He grins. "Ah, Hadlee, didn't know you were the jealous type."

"I'm not," I say once again with a cold tone. "Besides," I eye the sweater that seems it was tossed to the ground so long ago, even though it was probably only hours ago. "What is there to be jealous of?"

He snorts. "Whatever you say, Hadlee, whatever. Now I have to go and so do you. You're not staying in my dorm."

"Why not?" I grumble. It's not like I want to be in this dorm any longer, but one, I have no idea where my leggings are, and I'm pretty sure I can't walk.

Like, at all.

I suck in air through my teeth quickly and force myself to move. Tom raises an eyebrow as I wince, stumbling my way across to my pile of clothes. "Don't tell me that was your first time."

"It wasn't."

He stops rummaging around the pile of book and gives me a look. "Didn't know you and Sam got that far."

"I was drunk, he was drunk, it was three AM on the school rooftop. Bad decisions leads to mistakes."

"You seem to be drunk a lot, and you aren't even the legal drinking age."

"I'll be eighteen in September, seven months. I think I'll be fine. And besides, this is the wizarding world, not the muggle world. Lighten up and stop being a teacher's pet."

"I'm only a teacher's pet so I can manipulate them into getting what I want," He mutters, turning back to his stack of books, still looking for the same thing.

I pause, bending down and grabbing my leggings, which I have found laying in the corner of his room. "Is that how it's going to be now?"

"Hmm?" He murmurs absentmindedly, still invested with his books. "What's going to be like what?"

"You. Me. You're going to tell me your evil plans and I just sit around like a toy until you kill me?" I pull up the leggings, leaving me in the oversized shirt and black fabric.

He shoots me a look that I can't place what emotion it expresses. "Yep. Pretty much."

I cross my arms and frown. "Listen, Riddle-"

"Shut up, I'm only joking," He mutters, now going through his desk.

I uncross my arms awkwardly, fluffing up my hair into more of a poofy mess than it was before. "Good," I stand in silence for a couple seconds. "Uh...what are you looking for?"

"Nothing," He replies quickly, evenly.

I remember the black book a stole from his room days ago. It's laying in my trunk in the Gryffindor dorms. I do hope he's not looking for that, or else he might choke me or something.

"What's it look like?" I say after a few more minutes of standing around.

He sighs, running his hand through his hair, his back turned. And then suddenly, he's turned to face me, his wand out. "Give me the black book, Kitioma."

__________

Don't forget to comment on everything so I can laugh at you, vote, and answer the question or I'll find you in your sleep and murder you :)