Movie Night (Short)

Yang sat with (Y/N) in the living room of the house they were staying at in Mistral as (Y/N) set up a holoprojecter "So what do you have planned for us?" she asked as he finished and went into the kitchen "I figured we haven't had a date since you got your armor and thought we could watch a movie from 1984 before space travel." "Aw babe, how sweet." he placed a bowl of popcorn and a six pack of soda on the coffee table as he picked the movie "The Terminator?" "Yep, a classic in scifi action right next to Alien." they watched as machines fired lasers at an unseen target while another searched with a spotlight, a tank machine crushed human skulls in the wreckage of what the movie said was Los Angeles 2029 A.D., text appeared as Yang cuddled close to (Y/N) while he wrapped an arm around her shoulders "The machines rose from the ashes of the nuclear fire. Their war to exterminate mankind had raged for decades, but the final battle would not be fought in the future. It would be fought here, in our present. Tonight..."

As the movie wore on Yang felt a twinge of fear as Kyle Reese explained the antagonist of the movie "Listen and understand. That Terminator is out there, it can't be bargained with, it can't be reasoned with, it doesn't feel pity or remorse or fear, and it absolutely will not stop... EVER until you are dead!" she tensed as the police and the terminator searched the garage for them while Kyle opened a car for them to hide and get away in, she looked at (Y/N) finding he had an excited spark in his eyes while a smile played at the corners of his lips "You look like you're having fun." she whispered causing him to look at her "It's been a while since I've seen this. I love how they portrayed the terminator, a machine designed to infiltrate and terminate its target without letting anything stop it. Makes me happy to know we dont have to really worry about that kind.. of..." he stopped and stared at Arnold Schwarzenegger for a moment before looking back at Yang "Wasn't Penny a robot?" she nodded as he let out an uneasy breathe "Let's hope Ironwood doesn't have access to her programming." he muttered.

As the movie ended Yang was close to falling asleep "You enjoy the movie?" she gave a nod as (Y/N) stood causing her to pout "Nooo, come back." he chuckled before picking her up "I was only getting up to take us to bed." he pecked her nose as Yang laid her head on his shoulder "You read my mind." "No beautiful, I just know how lazy you can be." the response (Y/N) got was a swift punch to the chin but he kept his balance "Love you too." he said to a pouting Yang, when he laid Yang down he knelt and took her boots off then covered her with the blankets soon joining her as sleep took its hold on them.