13

Izuku followed the blue flame circle around the forest. "Dabi must have trapped the Pussycats." So Toga and him would already be gone. 'Did Stain kill Pixie-Bob?'

He landed in the middle of the forest inside the flame. On a branch, he heard the hurried run of two.

He gazed down at them, his eye reflected the embers. 'Kota told me Mandalay from the Pussycats was his aunt.' And there she was.

She was running alongside Tiger who was carrying Pixie-Bob.

"I guess Stain stabbed her and left them to the fire." Izuku stood on the branch before he lept down. "Excuse me." A polite, cold voice.

The two stopped, turning in their tracks. "A student?!" Tiger assumed. They hoped all of them evacuated. Mandalay recognized him from the news.

"No, he was the one who attacked a U.A. student. The only one not at camp." Mandalay pointed her paw out. "Is he associated with the league, or not?"

Izuku rubbed his mask with his thumb and index finger. He brought it because of the smoke and his mask had filters. "Don't worry I'm not allied with the league." He lowered his hand slightly, pointing right back at Mandalay. "I only came for you."

Tiger's eyes shadowed, laying Pixie-Bob down. "The class rep? I heard he was Ingenium's little brother. He was an aspiring hero. I visited both him and his bother in the hospital. Did you know there are sharing a room! Two good men brought down by Stain, now Ragdoll and us! Unforgivable!" Rushing straight for Izuku.

"Oh... Sorry."

"All you can say is sorry?!" Going for a mighty swing.

"Anything else would only anger you. Like, where was the Pro sponsoring him? Or how the student was purely out for revenge. Why else would he intern close to the hero-killer?" Izuku did a swift step spin, avoiding it.

"Shut up! You know nothing!"

Tiger, you need to calm down and retreat. We have to focus on Pixie-Bob!

Izuku heard. He expected Tiger to agree, but instead, he continued his attack. He lept back until a leg swept under him. Izuku grew a wide eye, falling back. Two paw boots uppercut dropkicked him. He turned his head to the right, trying to look down. 'She sent me a fake plan and Tiger a real one.' Izuku was rocked up. Tiger was in the air waiting for him.

Izuku rose an eyebrow. "They didn't notice my wing?" He was about to fly away, but a hand wrapped around his leg. Izuku glared at it. Tiger's hand stretched back, holding Izuku's leg. He yanked him back towards him. A huge hit in Izuku's gut, adding force from the momentum. Izuku's expression only shifted to pain for a moment.

Izuku held out his palm open in front of Tiger.

Watch out it's an attack! Mandalay warned Tiger. She also tried to distract Deku with her mind games. She lept high from a tree.

"What?"

Both Izuku's and Tiger's eyes grew at the twinkling feathers surrounding them. They ignited in a cluster of mini combustions. His grip loosened around Izuku and he used that opportunity to kick and flap away.

Tiger was falling with minor burn wounds across his body. Izuku landed on the ground beside Pixie-Bob. Tiger was still standing, determined.