05

𝓷𝓸𝔀 𝓹𝓵𝓪𝔂𝓲𝓷𝓰 // (𝓲𝓯 𝔂𝓸𝓾'𝓻𝓮 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓲𝓯 𝓘 𝔀𝓪𝓷𝓽 𝔂𝓸𝓾) 𝓘 𝔀𝓪𝓷𝓽 𝔂𝓸𝓾 - 𝔀𝓮𝓮𝔃𝓮𝓻 

The sky was gray, and there was a slight chill.

Semi had texted you after the phone call where to meet. You woke up a little too early for your liking, mostly because you knew choosing something to wear would be the hardest part of your morning.

You settled on an oversized maroon sweater with leggings, your black booties, a beanie and a scarf. It was the end of November, and it was starting to get colder.

You walked towards the cafe and soon spotted Semi. He wore black jeans, boots, and a dark purple sweater with a vest. His hair was messy as usual, but you liked it.

You liked it.

What am I doing? You thought. You barely knew Semi. You didn't even know if you could consider this a date. As far as you knew, you could consider you guys friends, acquaintances even. It's nothing to get excited over, you had to remind yourself. But you knew convincing yourself of that was easier said than done. You wanted this to be a date.

He smiled at you and opened the door.

"Right this way," he said, allowing you to go first.

You walked up to the counter, him following suit. You could feel him behind you, almost against you. He leaned forward, his face inches away from yours.

"What do you want?" He asked, giving a small smile.

"It's fine, I can order for myself," you felt yourself blush, the blood quickly rushing to your cheeks. He was so close, that if you turned your head slightly, you could almost brush your lips against his...

The burning sensation in your cheeks became hotter at the thought. Why did he keep making you feel this way. You felt as though your face was always red whenever you were around him, and it was kind of embarrassing - which in turn, just keeps making your face red. It feels like a never ending circle of embarrassment for you.

"Really it's fine, let me." He placed his order and looked at you, asking with his eyes to say what you want.

After placing your order, you took a seat in a corner booth, away from most people who were already there. Both hands were gripped around your cup. You could feel the heat from your tea through the ceramic. It felt better on your hands than on your face. But that feeling hadn't gone away yet either. You could feel him staring at you, while you stared into your drink.

"I'm actually pretty shocked you agreed to meet so early considering you were up so late last night," Semi started.

You peeked up, slowly bringing your tea to lips. You took a small sip before answering.

"You were up with me."

"You're not wrong," he took a sip of his coffee, "so I was thinking if you're not -"

Semi was suddenly cut off by someone who stopped next to your table. She was clearly upset with him. Her arms were crossed, her eyes shooting daggers into him. You kept your head down, slowly taking sips of tea.

"You blew me off yesterday, and now you're here with someone else. I knew I'd find you here, but I didn't think you'd have company."

She shot a quick glance at you before directing her gaze back at Semi.

"This has nothing to do with her. I told you, I'd meet up with you a different day," he looked over at you as he said, "something came up yesterday."

You felt yourself almost choke on your tea.

For one, you did not want to come between anyone. However, you weren't expecting to be the actual reason Semi didn't meet up with her.

The girl didn't look satisfied. But she didn't argue with him.

"Fine. I'll see you later tonight," she looked pleased with herself, smirking at you before walking off.

You personally didn't care, you assumed she was trying to upset you. As much as you wished this was a date, it was clear, it was just as friends. He was supposed to meet someone yesterday anyways ...

"Ignore her," he said, his hand reached out and touched yours that was still wrapped around your cup.

"It's fine. I really don't care," you said with a smirk, almost laughing. Your eyes slowly looked up from your drink and you saw him smirking as well.

His eyes. Those brown eyes were staring into yours. You didn't drop your gaze this time. He slowly licked his lips, before they curled into a into a smile.

"So ... what are you doing tonight?"