03

𝓷𝓸𝔀 𝓹𝓵𝓪𝔂𝓲𝓷𝓰 // 𝓵𝓸𝓼𝓽 𝓲𝓷 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓵𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽 - 𝓫𝓪𝓱𝓪𝓶𝓪𝓼

You stared at it.

You couldn't stop staring it. You haven't stopped staring at to, to be honest.

At this point, it was pinned to your board above your desk. You twirled around in your chair, making yourself dizzy. Your thoughts were filled with today.

What was that?

It was such a strange interaction. While you were internally having a slight panic attack as to why Semi would be remotely interested in anything about you, he gave you his number ... and ran away from you.

He wants you to text him.

You shook your head. You've noticed Semi around campus, but never talked to him before today. You've seen him with other girls. This was probably just another one of those interactions. It wasn't that he used girls, or dated around. Girls were just interested in him. He was athletic, he was in a band. And there was no denying he was very attractive.

Your mind started to wander as you thought about how your fingers could get intertwined in that ashy blonde messy hair of his...

You shook your head and fell onto a pillow, screaming into it. Flipping over, you could feel your heart pounding. You haven't felt this way in a while.

Part of you felt excited. Someone like Semi, somehow finding some interest in you. You knew you had something to talk about. Music. He played, and you wrote. You had seen him at open mics on the weekends when you were out. He was amazing at what he did.

You started to remember the night a few months ago when you went to the bar with a couple of your friends. At the time, one of them was dating the drummer, so you couldn't deny part of you was hoping to connect with one of the other members. You would have something in common with them, and it would be easy since this is usually how it went for you. Your friends would always tell someone about you, and then introduce you to them. You'd essentially miss the uncomfortable talking stage of the relationship, and almost immediately hit it off without having to say much. Still, you were out drinking with your friends, so you knew it would be effortless for you.

You wish you didn't need alcohol to make it easier to meet people. But you're not exactly the outgoing type.

However, you never met anyone. At least from what you can remember. You can remember taking shots with your friends as the band played one of their last songs. Your memories were a little blurred from that night, but from what your friends told you, it was fun while it lasted.

Blood rushed to your cheeks and you buried your face in your hands. At least he didn't see me that night...

You take another glance at the crumpled piece of paper. Removing it from the board, you start typing into your phone.

Call him? Text him?

Call him.

No.

Text him.

You sighed. It was almost 11pm. Honestly, he probably won't even answer at this point.

You sit down on the edge of your bed staring at the number in your phone. The message box empty.

You don't want to wake him, so a message is fine. He'll answer in the morning. It's fine.

You type hi and throw your phone into your mess of blankets. Falling back onto your bed, you stare at the ceiling before realizing you never said your name. I mean, he would know right? He doesn't go around giving out his number to multiple girls ... right?

You reach over for your phone, and it starts buzzing.

Incoming call .. Semi.