Capítulo 4

"Sit," I tell Zayn as soon as he walks into the front room. He is still wearing the clothes he went to bed with, his hair is all ruffled but he doesn't look as bad as someone hungover should.

"Listen, I'm s-" he tries to say before I interrupt him.

"Sit down Zayn, please," I sternly say pointing to the couch.

I really don't want to act like how I would at work but I can't help it.

"I'm sorry Clara..." He says leaning his head down.

"Don't, I don't care, you're old enough to do what you like," I tell him waving the box I'm holding. "But while you live here, I'm forcing you to do something with your life," I explain without losing the anger in my voice.

I throw the box next to him and he picks it up, looking up at me with a confused gaze.

"You have a job interview at the café downstairs," I order folding my arms over my chest. "You can look for something else but until then, you're in the café, understood?" I demand and he straightens his posture.

"Yeah," he nods without any more to say.

"Have a nice day, Zayn" I grab my bag from the coffee table and rush to the door clicking my heels.

He needs to know last night is not happening again. He's no young teenager but I'm not sharing a house with someone who'll get high every minute. I don't know if he would but I'm just hoping he won't.

*

"Miss Wyatt, there's a call from Mr. Tomlinson, he says it's urgent," Lucy's voice tells me through the phone.

"Pass me the call," I tell her with a sigh.

"Hey love," Louis voice shouts down the phone and I press the loudspeaker.

I sink into my chair staring at the blank screen on my laptop.

"Oh come on, don't be upset with me, I didn't know he was that weak," he exclaims.

"Being affected by drugs doesn't make you weak, Louis!" I scream leaning my elbows on the desk.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to call your boy weak!" He chuckles and I sigh.

"Oh, fück off Louis" I growl ending the call.

I can't stand him. The day he decides to finish college and have an actual life I'll start tolerating him.

*

ZAYN'S POV

A waiter at a cafe. Definitely not my dream job but I do have to do something, I don't blame her for her attitude this morning, I'm still surprised she's been so nice to me all this time.

This job isn't even bad, just have to take orders and coffee's easy to make, coworkers are nice, although one of them doesn't seem to speak to anyone. When I thought what to do with the money the first thing that came in to mind was weed.

I know I shouldn't but it's not even that bad for me, las night was the first night I didn't have any nightmares since Olly died. Today was the first morning my body and brain agreed to feel like a human again.

"Zayn, are you free? There's a stuck up bitch waiting at the till," Maggie asks me with a sweet smile.

"Sure," I say walking out and drying my hands on my trousers. "Hi there, can I help?" These trousers are looser than my usual ones and they're getting on my nerves.

"Yes, I'll have a muffin, please."

My gaze shoots back up from my trousers when I hear her voice.

"Hey," I smile at her leaning my arm on the till.

"You're okay?" Clara asks opening her wallet.

I hadn't realized this morning but it looks like she's done something with her make-up. She wasn't wearing it the day we met, maybe it was an exception? She looked really good if I'm completely honest.

"Zayn?" I hear her voice waking me up from my trance.

"Uh, yeah yeah, sorry," I rush picking one of the chocolate muffins.

"What time are you finishing?" She asks while I take her money.

"In..." I look at the time on the computer screen and bite my lip stopping my smile. "Half an hour," I tell her giving her the muffin. "Madame."

"Thank you, handsome," she says picking at the muffin. Her hands seem smaller when she does. "Do you like Chinese food?" She asks.

I nod closing the till and leaning on the surface behind me. From the corner of my eye, I notice one of the girls standing by the door to the back of the shop.

"Cool, it'll be up when you are," she smiles turning around. "See you in a bit!" She waves her hand in the air as she walks out.

"You know her?" Maggie asks with a disgusted face.

I decided to just nod, it's understood that she doesn't like Clara. She can seem like one of those daddy's girls that just lives for the material things in life, I'm still suprised she let me punch him. Now, I'm guessing her dad is all those things that she seems to be but isn't.

*

CLARA'S POV

Anyone would think I knew how much food Zayn could devoure. None of us could move off the couch, we just stared at the telly for an hour without even talking.

"Haven't eaten this much for ages," Zayn mumbles and a smile creeps on my face.

"Get used to it, I always end up eating more junk food than I should," I mumble back, not having the energy to look at him.

"Do you?" He stares at me very suprised.

"Uh yeah... I hardly ever cook," I answer doubtful. "Why are you suprised?" I ask him back with an awkward laugh.

"Uh... Don't know, you don't seem like the kind of girl to eat what society says she shouldn't" he says slowly. "Well, like right now you do, but sometimes you don't, I would have thought you had a personal cook?" He rambles on and I look at him confused.

Right now? Right now meaning, in old sports clothes, no make-up and a messy bun.

"So I can eat wrong things now because I'm not looking pretty?" I try to joke. I think I know what he means but things don't work like that. Not with me.

"No, no, no! I didn't mean you don't look pretty," he exclaims worried. "I meant it's cool you're like this you know? Like just you," he shrugs staring down at his hands that lay on his lap. "You're cool to have around."

I turned my head to him and half smiled. There's something special about this young man.

"You're not that bad yourself."

"Oh, uh... Clara, how much do you want me to give you? Like money?" He says sitting up properly.

I smile to myself and stand up, collecting the leftovers from dinner. He's a good guy, whatever past he'd had, there's still good in him.

"Do you want my money?" I ask him quite harshly, watching his eyebrows raise in worry.

"N-no, I-..." He stutters nervously while I pile the stuff in my arms.

"Good, because I don't want yours either!" I smile showing him I mean it. I lean down and leave a sloppy kiss on his forehead. "You don't owe me anything!"

I make my way out to the kitchen and decided on clearing everything up tomorrow morning, there's a busy day ahead and I need a good night sleep.

__________________
I'm sorry, short little thing, vote and comment xx