Chapter 8: Welcome to Kuoh, Aria!

Alastor is in his home in Kuoh, gently tending to Aria as she lays peacefully, quietly breathing and moving around every now and then. He sighs  and stretches, making several parts of his back pop. He gently traces Aria's face with his finger, before standing up and heading downstairs.

     He calmly starts to cook down nice bacon and eggs with some toast. He hums quietly as he carefully dries the bacon and scrambles the eggs. With a ping, the toast is ready, and he places it on a plate. He then flips over the bacon, before turning to the eggs and scraping them onto the plate. Once the bacon is done, he serves it up as well, then turns off the stove and heads back up.

He sits back down next to Aria, and quietly begins to eat. Occasionally, a tendril will dab at his mouth to clear away any crumbs. He leaves the other bits of bacon, along with half of the eggs and bacon. He calmly puts the plate down and props her up. He pulls out a comb and slowly combs her hair. He hums softly to himself, and once he's done, he gently sets her back into place.

"I'll be back soon. I must meet my cousin Rias. You'll love her. When you wake up of course."

He picks up his cane and jacket and leaves the house through his portal. He arrives in an alleyway, and heads towards Kuoh Academy. When he tries to past through the gate, a guard stops him.

"Hey sir. What do you need?"

"Oh sorry. Here!"

He hands the guard a small ID.

"Oh. Your the occult research clubs director. How come I never see you around?"

"My dear little cousin does a fine job, so I didn't think I needed to be around much for them to do well."

"Oh I see. C'mon through."

The guard lets him pass, and Alastor matches into the school, catching some of the students gaze. He stops at Rias's classroom. He knocks on the door. The teacher slides the door open.

"May I help you?"

"Yes. Hello, I'm here to have a quick chat with my darling cousin Rias Gremory."

The students in the class start to whisper.

"Rias has a cousin?"

"Damn, he's good looking! Another chick stealer!"

"Kyaaaa! Hotties run in Rias-sama's family."

"Please please. Calm down. Rias, come talk with your cousin. It's fine if you miss class, you always do a lot of catchup."

"Thank you."

The two leave and walk down the hall.

"What do you want, Alastor, that you come directly to my school?"

"Well you see, cousin, I went on a trip a few days ago. To visit my lovers grave, only to find it had been ransacked by the Khaos Brigade. It turns out, dear little Ophis was trying to resurrect and mind control my love, so she could sway me to her side. I foiled her plans, but she still used the Lovecraft Essence from Lovecraft's Amalgam to resurrect her. She's currently asleep in my house, but once she's awake, you are to never, EVER, attempt to make her one of your peerage lackeys, do you understand?"

Rias nods fearfully, and Alastor backs off.

"Thank you for your time dear cousin, I'll be leaving now."

"R-right."

He turns and walks down the corridor, slowly navigating his way out of the building Rias returns to class, but spots him leering are her in the distance from the alleyway he teleported into from before. He vanished with a flash of red light, and she shudders.

Alastor reappears in his home, and hangs up his jacket and puts away his cane. He enters Aria's room, and sits by her bedside. But as soon as he does, the muscles around her eyes twitch. He stares, alert. Slowly her eyes open. Softly, she speaks, no louder than a whisper.

"Alastor?"

"Greetings, my dear Aria. Welcome to Kuoh."

Suddenly, Aria grabs Alastor with monstrous strength and kisses him. Alastor reels back, but then she leaps at him.

(It may not look like it, but that's fear on his face

(It may not look like it, but that's fear on his face.)