Carson and Isaac were left to watch him walk off towards the Argent girl. He almost seemed to resemble a soldier going off into war. And although what they were planning was only a fragment of what was to be coming for them, Scott truly was going off into war.

          They all were.

          "He really cares about everyone but himself, doesn't he?" Isaac asked lowly.

          Carson nodded, shoving her hands into her pockets. She started walking to one of the many outside hallways in the school. Scott was going to need them outside at some point, anyways. Isaac trailed behind her, glancing down at the smaller girl as she answered.

          "Scott's never cared about power. He cares about people. And at this point, there's not much else we can do but care."

          "Is that why you attacked Aiden?"

          She rolled her eyes at that. "I barely got a claw in him. That was just me making a threat, sending a message. Scott's right. We can't let people we care about get hurt. I watched Lydia get manipulated by Peter last year and I didn't do anything about it, none of us did. We were all too busy trying to save our own asses to give a shit about anyone else. But I'm done. If Aiden wants to screw with her, he's going to have to get through me."

          "Did you ever think that it might just be easier to warn her than trying to pick a fight with an alpha?"

          She let out a short laugh. "I'm Carson Mariella Bradley. I don't do easy. My life's been a struggle since day one, might as well be consistent."

          "I don't think having a struggle is always a bad thing," Isaac shrugged, his hand finding hers as they exited the building. Their fingers laced together, his own almost swallowing Carson's whole. "Sometimes struggles can be beautiful."

          "You're really persistent with this, aren't you?" Carson asked.

          She didn't make it explicit to what she was referring to, but even an idiot could figure out she was talking about the two of them. They had only been thrown together for a little bit now, never having spent this much time together in the beginning. But there was something there, something small and in need of a little help; but it was there. Some sort of feelings were brewing and it could either lead to a downfall or to a beautiful ending.

          Carson didn't know which, but she knew whatever this was right now was making her happy.

          "You said you don't do easy," Isaac relented after a moment. And then with a small grin, he added, "Well, I don't give up."

          And right now, that was sort of all Carson Bradley needed to hear.

⋆ ⋆ ⋆

          "Want to remind me who taught you to do this?" Carson asked as she and Isaac stood over Allison.

          Scott had managed to get Allison to agree with his plan. It hadn't taken much, considering that Allison was more or less forcing herself out of retirement. Plus there was also the fact that she, like Carson, did not appreciate Aiden moving in on Lydia.

          Carson would also like think there was a small part of Allison that felt bad for herself, having been stuck in a closet with a lunatic Isaac. But Carson's wounds were capable of healing, unlike some of the other people in this town.

          Either way, Allison had agreed to help their cause. She and Isaac had skipped their art class, while Carson managed to get out of her history lesson. Scott had only stayed long enough to retrieve some of the bigger gears from Ethan's bike, which Allison had simply taken apart.