The one who left me and my mom...

But he was my dad and I wanted to know who he was and if I looked anything like him. 

"Mom, this shirt is itchy." Nat groaned walking into the kitchen in his little button down shirt.

"That's cause you're not supposed to button it up all the way." I rolled my eyes unbottoning the highest button. "Better?" I smiled, patting his shoulders. He nodded and walked over to Niall trying to scope out what was cooking.

"Mommy, do I look so super handsome?" Benny waltzed into the kitchen with a huge grin on his face.

"Oh wow! This is the most handsome I've ever seen you!" I giggled picking him up. "You look so so SO super handsome."

"I want to wear this to school tomorrow so that April will think so too!" 

"Who's April?" 

"His girlfriend!" Nat teased sticking out his tongue.

"Shut up Natty! She is not!" Benny whined. "She is the prettiest girl in my class."

"Don't say shut up Benny." I scolded him but then softened. "Awh, a little crush. Alright mommy will wash this tonight." I placed Benny down and looked at the clock, he should be here in a couple minutes.  "Alright you guys go in the living room while me and Daddy finish cooking."

"Everythings just about done, I think. So once he gets here we can eat. You okay?"

"Yeah, fine. Just a little..."

"Nervous." Niall finished for me. I gave him a small smile and he came over pulling me into a hug. "I'm nervous too, I'm meeting your dad." He chuckled and I looked up at him shaking my dead.

Reason #1938423784 why I loved him; he knew how to make me laugh, no matter what. 

xxx

I heard the knock on the door and instantly felt woozey. "C'mon go get it." Niall urged me. I took a deep breath and walked over to the door. My hands felt clamy as I grabbed the door knob, colm and clamy.

I pulled it open and smiled at the tall man behind the door. 

He was tall and slim, and his hair was all peppered in black and white. He had a short beard, mostly stubbly. But he looked like me, alot like me. HIs face was more chizeled though, his features must sharper. He was a good looking guy for someone his age. 

"Kaylee?" He asked, his voice deep and gravely. I nodded and moved aside for him to come in. I wasn't sure wether to call him dad or not. I mean he was technically but he wasn't exactly there. "Beautiful house." 

"Thank you, we just moved in sort of kind of recently." I laughed feeling light and dizzy. "C'mon the boys are back here."

"Ah yes, you're mom filled me in a little bit." He chuckled. His voice sounded extremely proper for an american person. He sounded like one of those theatre people.

"So this is Nathan, he's my oldest and this is Benjamin my youngest." I smiled as both the boys came over. 

"But call me Benny because Benjamin is an old man name." Benny smiled and my dad leaned down to get eyelevel with him. "Are you our grandpa?"

Yikes.

"Well I guess I technically would be but you can call me Patrick if you'd like." He grinned, patting Benny's head. 

"What's in those bags?" Nat asked trying to peer inside. 

"I brought some presents. I figured I've missed quite a few birthdays and Christmas' so maybe I can make up for it." He stood up and looked into each bag, ruffling the tissue paper around. "But maybe we should wait till after dinner. Is that alright Kaylee?"