It's Harder Before It's Easier

So this is the sequel to When Hate Turns to Love! This won't be as long as the first book but it's just going to show you what their lives turned out to be and all the challenges they face with being a former band member of one of the best bands of all time! So I hope you enjoy!

___________________________________________________________________________

5 years later...

Niall's P.O.V

"Nat I swear to god if you don't get your ass back in that seat there will be a problem." I was turned around in the dirvers seat struggling to get my disobedient 8 year old son back in his seat. That's right my little nat was 8 now. And boy was he a handful.

"Mom said not to curse in front of us." He stuck out his tongue climbing back into the seat. "I'm telling as soon as we get home."

"C'mon man, that's not cool. I thought you were bud, now you're telling on me?" I chuckled pulling out of the parking lot of the field. 

"Mr.Horan do you have an juice boxes?" Jake, one of the kids who carpools from soccer practices asks me. Then a chorus of I'm thirsty or hungry fill the car, all the exhausted boys uneasy after theyre first practice of the season.

"You'll all be home in a little bit, I'll remember them next time." I sighed turning into the first cul de sac. 

So this was my life now. A soccer dad apart of a car pool, driving a minivan. That is when I'm home and not working. One Direction isn't exactly making music and selling out stadiums anymore. Instead we find little bands on youtube and make theyre dreams come true by bringing them into the studio and getting them up and running.

"Alright bye Brian, tell your mom it's her turn next week." I waved goodbye to the little red haired boy as he ran up the stairs to his house, his mom standing at the door waiting for him.

By the time I finished dropping everyone off it was about dinner time and Nats attitude was definitiley showing how hungry he was.

"Hey Nat, how was the first practice?" Kaylee smiled as we walked through the front door. We bought our own house after we had the second little munchkin, benny. It was a nice size and just big enough for the four of us... well five if you count the little bundle of joy on the way.

"It was good. Dad cursed infront of all my friends." He spilled as soon as he got the chance. Kaylee looked up at me giving me that stern look she does when anyone in this house gets in trouble. It's terrifying.

"I said ass, that isn't bad." I huffed trying to defend myself.

"Ass." Nat shouted smiling. Damn, this kid needs to stop hanging out with Louis cause he's getting me and him in trouble.

"Nat go shower we've got people coming over and I don't want you smelling up the house." Kaylee got up off the couch slowly, her belly looking like one of those excercise balls under her shirt. She was about 8 months pregnant and the mood swings were too show.

"Where's Benny?" I asked picking up a toy truck off the floor and tossing it into the bin.

"Uh, he's in the play room building some giant toy thing. I don't know, that lego set." Kaylee sighed as I followed her into the kitchen. 

"That kids a genius, I'm telling you, and at only 5!" I chuckled pulling her into a hug. I rested my chin on top of her head as she leaned into my chest letting out a long breath. "Don't worry, tomorrow you can have a whole day of resting, I'll take the kids out for a couple hours." 

"Thank you." She mumbled rubbing her hands along my back. "I could fall asleep right here." I kissed her forehead giving her a few more minutes of relaxation before the inevitable yell of the two devil children echoed through the house.

"Mommy! Nat is trying to knock over my tower!" Benny screeched making Kayle wince. She walked away and down the hall to resolve the petty little fight.

Being parents were hard when it was just one, but it got a lot harder when there were two. 

~

"So the baby is due in like what a month?" Liam asked as we all sat down at the table. Kaylee nodded and went and got the ultrasound pictures from the bedroom. She loved to show people them. 

"It's gonna be hard raising three kids on your own for 8 months. Are you going to get a nanny?" Louis questioned as he passed the pictures on to Harry. 

"Excuse me?" Kaylee practically shouted nearly knocking over her glass. "Uh, what are you talking about?"

I glared at Louis and he shrunk into his seat avoiding the question. So we may or may not have gotten a reunion tour set up and I may or may not have told Kaylee about it, yet. 

"I, uh was going to talk to you about it tomorrow night. Our record management set up for us to have a reunion tour. It's worldwide and we leave in about a month or so." I told her and watched as her face went pale. "I can't get out of it. It was in our contracts from when we first started. There has to be a reunion tour."

"Kaylee are you alright?" Riley asked as Kaylee got up from the table pushing her chair in. She nodded and left the kitchen, a pang of guilt stabbing me in the gut.

I got up and followed after her into the bedroom. I felt awful. I don't want to leave her and the kids for that long. But, if I don't they could sue me and then we'd really be in trouble. "Babe, you okay?"

"I know you have to do it. I'm just upset, it's going to be so hard Niall. I'm going to raise three kids on my own Niall." She laid down, hugging the pillow to her chest. "Are you even going to be here when the babies born?"

"Of course baby, of course. I would never ever miss that." I told her laying down next to her. She turned over and rested her head on my chest wiping at the corner of her eyes. "But we get I think 3 breaks over the 8 months and every one I get I'll find a way to see you and the kids. No matter where I am in the world."

"I know you will, Ni." 

"And we'll look into getting a nanny while I'm gone and I'm sure Riley and my mum will help out tons. It won't be too awful, I'm going to make sure it's not." I kissed her forehead and brushed back some of her hair. 

"You're right, it won't be too hard. But Niall, I have to tell you something." 

I looked down at her kind of worried because what could she possibly have to tell me...

"Well uh, you know how Riley has been taking me to ultrasounds and you really haven't been going to any? And I know that it's hard for you to make them because of work, that's not what I'm saying." She took a deep breath and sat up facing me. "I told you we were having a little girl and I didn't lie cause we are, I just lied about how many."

"Kaylee what are you getting at here." I sat up feeling a pit in the bottom of my stomach. I think I know where she's going but...

"Twins. I didn't tell you because you were already stressed out and so was I and I kind of sort of forgot about it for a while cause we just kinda left it but yeah." She sighed, smiling slightly. 

"But the ultrasound pictures?" I sputtered out in disbelief.

"I've been showing people bennys... no one's noticed." She got up and walked into her closet reaching into one of her bags. She came back over and sat down handing me pictues of two little babies. "That's them. Two baby girls, Ni."

"This is, uh, wow. We're having twins?"

"We're having twins."

Oh boy, this is sure going to be a lot harder than I thought.

So this is the first chapter of the sequel! Just a little beginner/short chapter to a whole bunch of things that are going to happen! So get ready guys because I've got a lot coming in such a little amount of time! :)

Comment on what you think so far and if you're ready for more!!!