Two edgelords and the godly bean

Start bij het begin

He craved for a drink. His detoxed mind, and something that sounded suspiciously like Sci, told him that part of Red that wanted to self-destruct at every turn to shut the fuck up and deal with his shit already, damn him.

Red decided to try not thinking about it too much, but he felt justified when the scolding for Goth started. It was necessary in this case.

"Goth, that could have gotten messy real quick. I think it's time we talk about this again."

Goth groaned. Not this again. He already knew what the other wanted to say, they had done so multiple times in between sessions of guilt, apologies and stories about his mom. He knew why, Red still felt bad and responsible for Goth, but he was old enough to know what the heck he wanted to do. He was aware that he should have texted or something, but he was dealing with too many things to remember.

"Well, yes" answered Goth, doubting himself and what he wanted to say, but still determined to explain the situation and reach out for help. "But-"

"No buts, young godling"interrupted Edge, posture straight and a considering look in his eye-sockets. His aura was authoritative and powerful, maybe even a bit oppressive, no wonder the taller was the second in command in the Royal Guard. "I admit that this was an oversight on our part as well, not having put a system in case of emergencies."

Glitch overhead a bit and smirked. It seemed like Edge was just as observant as he remembered him to be. The Papyruses were notorious for their emotional intelligence rather than the cold, harsh and messy facts the Sanses used. At least they got the emergency part all figured out, even if they weren't paying attention to Goth.

The glitch growled slightly from the corner of the living room he had wandered off to. They better change that. 

Glitch shuddered for a moment, caught off guard. Did that funking cat just try to scratch him? He wasn't even tangible!

Theory confirmed, it seemed like the cat noticed Glitch. How even-

Edge better be thankful Glitch couldn't even touch anything like this, or the cat would be no more.

"Still, boss" said Red, ready to complain but planning on his mind at the same time just how they could go about setting up said system, one that could work like he was sure Edge wanted. "Kid, walking around alone in Underfell is just asking for trouble. The monsters here will attack you and it won't matter to them that you're a kid."

"I could take them!" protestedGoth. Which, fair enough.

"Still, kid. You're too nice to go all out so your point is moot."

Which was also true, even if not the main reason Red wanted Goth to avoid walking around. He fucking worried, okay?! He cared so fucking much about the young reaper that sometime he didn't even know how he would be able to cope if something happened to him. Unlikely, given he was a godling, and yet...

The Multiverse was a dangerous place, especially when being the kid of two Sanses. And that wasn't even mentioning a figure as well known as Reaper.

"Well, I mean-"

"I think my nephew here is even more careful than you are, brother" Edge remarked. "Which is why this behavior is unusual, to say the least."

"Right?" comment about his carelessness ignored, he kept insisting on the rarity of the current situation. " I mean, c'mon!"

"Maybe he is going through the phase all kids go when they get rebellious?"

"Guys-" Goth tried to intervene. His uncles were getting carried away and, if left to their own devices, who knew how long they could go back and forth with their usual antics.