Driving Force

Nothing would have been nice but a trip to the beach and get sun tanned, but unfortunately for Ryujin, it was all just drawings to be thrown not too soon considering the pandemic has been going on for almost eight months now.

The days became blur, Saturdays and Mondays were confused to Thursday, Wednesday to Fridays. Time was wasted in quarantine, at least for Ryujin. She'd seen people in social media had their 'glow-up', that's what they call it. She wasn't sure. And then there she was, still the same old Ryujin she was before the pandemic, a potato.

She likes to call herself a potato.

A potato.

Ever since the pandemic started and everyone was mandated to put themselves in quarantine, Ryujin has spent all her days either curled up in bed reading the same seven books over and over again, or she was painting random pictures of strangers from the internet.

Currently, Ryujin was painting a lotion bottle. Yes, a lotion bottle. There's no logic behind why, she just wants to and so she painted it.

She was on the process of smearing some white streaks on the side for design despite the probability of it making the painting look like shit but she did, still.

All of a sudden, Ryujin's door burst open, revealing her mother in an apron. She whipped hear head to look at her mother with a questioning expression on her face.

"Our neighbor tested positive," Her mother paused for a second, catching her breath. "COVID positive."

As soon as the words spilled from her mother's mouth, Ryujin felt her insides tremble, her heartbeat rumbled as rivers of sweats trickled down her throbbing head.

She was shocked, scared, afraid.

"W- what?" Ryujin stammered, her feelings dominating her senses.

"Our neighㅡ" Her mother started.

"W-who?" She asked again, cutting her mother off.

Her mother sighed in frustration. How hard was it for her child to understand that their neighbor is COVID positive?

"I-I mean, which neighbor?" Ryujin's voice raised a little. "We got the Nottingham's on our left, the Cabello-Jauregui's across the street, the Kim's on our rightㅡ mom, who?"

"It's Mr.Kim, dear," Ryujin's mother said in a sigh. "Yuna and her mother will not be able to get out of their house, Mr.Kim's staying at the hospital."
___

Later that night, Ryujin was still bothered by the news. She was flipping and tossing but nothing worked, she still couldn't sleep.

She was worried about Yuna. That kid might had been a pain in the ass to babysit, but she was a precious gem in the neighborhood's eyes, regardless. And Ryujin adored her too.She had gotten close to the kid ever since and she couldn't help but worry for her and her family's wellbeing.

The tremor she had felt when the bomb was dropped still settled inside her, which seemingly will not disappear any time soon.

'Dammit, I think I'm gonna pass out from stressing over this.'

Her thoughts were running rampant, clashing to be noticed and to be thought off. Nothing could be heard in the silence but the howl of the September wind.

The clock ticked as moments passed, the nightingale sang it's pleasing melody to be heard throughout the night...

...and Ryujin's anxiety tormented the shit out of her.

Something was bugging her, begging to be let out to the world. And so she decided to just fuck it and do it.

She grabbed her phone from her hoodie's pocket and opened her social media account, Instagram to be precise.

She was planning on sliding through Lia's DM's.

Choi Lia, the girl whom she was awfully besotted with. The girl she was convinced she was born for, and oh hellㅡ the girl she would die for. And Lia didn't know that. No, not even a single thing about Ryujin's feelings.

And that was Ryujin's mission; to confess to Lia before everything's too late.

____

Ryujinii_
Hey

Ryujinii_
I just wanna say that I like you. And that Uhm... I like you¿¿ I'm sorry is this weird? Am I weird?

____

The internet was so damn slow and Ryujin thought that her 'confession' wasn't good which actually isn't. Who says that? Ryujin, ofcourse.

She deleted the message, oblivious if the fact that Lia had saw the message.

_____

ChoiJisoo78
Wait! Why did you deleted it I haven't finished reading it yet!

_____

As soon as the message popped up, Ryujin's whole system went dancing to Fifth Harmony's Worth It. With a twist of Miley's twerk.

____

Ryujinii_
Ywbquagai you saw that?!

ChoiJisoo78
Yeah, it popped out of nowhere unexpectedly.

Ryujinii_
I'm sorry.
This pandemic pushed me to do so. I would've chickened out if it was like any other normal year but ,sadly, it's not. And given the fact that anything could happen, I'd rather do what I think is worth it lol

ChoiJisoo78
No, don't be. I'm not mad, I'm actually flattered. I honestly wanna say thanks you but that would be weird.

Ryujinii_
So you're fine with me crushing on you?

Choijisoo78
Why wouldn't I?

Ryujinii_
Thank you.

_____

Lia didn't replied, instead she reacted 'heart' to all Ryujin's messages.

Ryujin, on the other hand, was smiling like an idiot, all the worries she had, including the pandemic, got lifted off her shoulder. Though not for long, but at least she got to breath for a while.

The pandemic became her driving force, weird but she was thankful to have something to push her.

She knew she wanted to pursue Lia, but that's not always the case with love, sometimes, you just have to admire the people you love without expecting something in return. For Ryujin, it wasn't about the label, it was about the content.

She was contented. She had done what she deemed worthy, and that's all that mattered.

______

Don't wanna be your friend, I wanna kiss your lipppssss ~~