It's Us pt.2

"Oh, okay. See you, Chaeryoungie. I'll go see Ryujin now."

Lia, headed to where she assumed her girlfriend would be, skipping as she made her way to Ryujin's office.

She knocked three times and opened the door, stepping inside to see nothing but her desk and her swivel chair . Not a single soul was in sight.

She sighed and left the room, wondering where the heck her girlfriend is. Feeling tired and bummed, she pulled out her phone and dialed Ryujin's number.

Dialing...

'Babe? What's up?' Ryujin said through the phone.

"Nothing my dear, I just wanna ask if you had lunch yet." Lia decided not to tell her girlfriend that she's in the hospital, her surprise plan is still on going.

"Oh yeah, yeah, I'm still having lunch, actually. And I miss you, by the way."

"I miss you too Ryujinie," A smile appeared on her pretty face as a little giggle escape her mouth "did you go out for lunch?" She asked.

"Oh, no, no baby... I'm at my office having lunch."

Lia's suspicion rised up to the ceiling the instant she heard what Ryujin said.

"Oh, okay. I'm hanging up now."

"Hey- wait- I love y-"

And then all hell broke loose.

What could be her beloved girlfriend be doing at this very moment? Where was she exactly? Why did Ryujin lie? Questions and queries were running rampant inside Lia's mind, stacking like a plethora of hard bound books with it's content, yet to discovered. She silently prayed that it was nothing major, or was it?

She was lost inside her own head, she needed a release, she wanted her thoughts to be put to the open, she needed her best friend, Hwang Yejj.

Lia briskly made her way to where her best friend was, keeping an eye on the ground, trying to clear her mind from the negativities that's slowly consuming her system.

Finally, she found the room that she was seeking. And as she opened the door, there, she saw her beloved girlfriend, kissing her dying best friend. The two, seemingly lost in their own little make out universe, didn't notice the girl which, as seconds passed, broke into tiny little betrayed and ashen peices.

A smirk.

A goddamn smirk made its way to Lia's lips.

No one could ever fathom what she was feeling that very moment, not even her self. Was she even herself?

Hell no.

She lost her self the moment she saw the two girls kissing. Choi Lia was devoured by a black hole, thrown to oblivion, lost forever.

Oh, how good love feels, and how fucking destructive it is.

A moment has passed, how much of that damn scene could her eyes take? How much more of those invisible daggers could her heart take before it tores apart? Oh, the pain she feels... It made her fucking miserable.

Stop...

Stop, goddamit...

Stop kissing her...

"STOP KISSING HER, SHIN FUCKING RYUJIN!"

Oh, the mortified look on Yeji and Ryujin's faces as they look at her.

It would have been funny to look at Ryujin and Yeji's reaction if it were a different context. But no. Unfortunately, Shin Ryujin has a girlfriend named Choi Just which just caught her making out with her dying best friend, Hwang Yeji.

Ah, yes. That old rusted plot eh?

Great.

Just fucking great.

"Li-Lia..." Yeji uttered

"Yes, my dear best friend? Were you two on your way to fuck each other?" Lia's aura was eerie, added with the smirk that made it's way back again to her luscious lips. "How was it? Having an affair, I mean."

"Babe, let me explain..."

A rusted line in a rusted plot.

"No, you don't have to, it's fine." Lia plastered a huge grin.

It might have been painful to look at for she loves Ryujin so much, but she knows that no one in their right minds would cheat on their girlfriend for their dying best friend or anyone at all. And no one in their right mind would let a situation like this slip either.

"Lia, please, don't be like this to Ryujin, it's my fault," this time, it was Yeji who spoke up. "I-I'm dying, Lia, and-and... I'm desperate to feel love, to be loved- and I know that does not justify this affair but..."

"But what?"

"..."

"Right," Lia sighed with a smirk, "you know what, you can have half of that cheating asshole, Shin fucking Ryujin is all yours..." And then Lia's tears started to trail down her cheeks. "... She's yours untill you..."

In a more comprehensive sentence, she will let her dying best friend have her girlfriend until she... Yeah. In short, she'll share Ryujin with Yeji.

It was complicated, illogical, stupid, but it saved three hearts from breaking completely. And that was what mattered for them. Although they weren't in a polyam relationship, the two were simply sharing Ryujin.

Days, and months passed, Ryujin was still alternating between Yeji and Lia, and for Lia, nothing could get any painful than her situation, and as for Yeji... she knew her time was coming.

It was on a sunny Tuesday morning when Lia made her way to Yeji's room, only to see the white sterile walls and an empty bed.

"Unnie..." It was Chaeryoung.

"Chae..." Lia turned around to face the teenager.

"She..." A single tear dropped from her eye. "She's gone unnie, Yeji-unnie is gone."

The pain she felt was different from the one she experienced when she saw Yeji and Ryujin kissing, this one... It's completely different. She was grieving, she really felt the loss. She already lost two people in a short period of time. First, herself, and then now, her best friend, Hwang Yeji.

And she was about to lose one more.

The wind blew gently, and there were only two people left in front of Yeji's grave.

"Ryujinnie... I don't know how else to tell you this, but here goes nothing." A long pause took over as Ryujin's eyes bore onto Lia's. "Thank you for all the great moments we've shared, the love and everything we've... Yeah... Shared together."

"Lia..."

"No, wait. Let me finish first."

Ryujin kept quiet, and that was a cue for Lia to get back on track again.

"You know, I have always loved you, I have always cared for you... But, I think it's time we end things up. It's painful for me to do this, but how can I trust you ever again?"

"I'm sorry."

"It's okay."

"So I guess this is it?"

"Yeah... This is it."

"I love you." Ryujin uttered sincerely.

Lia shook her head gently.

"Good bye, Shin Ryujin." And she went away. Away from the girl who broke her beyond repair. Away from Shin Ryujin.

____

👁️👄👁️✋ Yo!