Green-eyed monster

... would it be bad if I said that I changed my mind about this book being two chapters... and that now it's three chapters?

.......

Her eyes drifted through the loud party— the Grammy's after-party.

It was fun, sure, but she couldn't possibly focus on the drunk singers up on the bar, singing their hearts out to a One Direction song, when a certain brunette man was staring right at her.

Her breathing sped up as her eyes gazed over to him.

She knew he was mad again. She knew he would be, considering he had eyes and he regarded the man standing beside her.

If Camila was honest, she didn't want to be here with the guy. She hardly remembered his name all too well, and though he was a winsome guy, she never felt anything with him.

She wanted to be here with Shawn.

Although she couldn't go to him. No, she convinced herself enough to stay away from him. It was arduous, but all she had to do was be diverted just enough.

"Would you like to hang out tomorrow?" She suddenly heard the guy's voice through the speakers that blasted through the entire area.

Camila grimaced.

"I can't," she muttered, pulling up an apologetic look simply because she did feel bad. She fancied the guy enough to spend a night with him, but she didn't want to waste more. "I have to shoot that music video with... Shawn."

Her grimace grew deeper as she remembered that she had to expend more time with Shawn in the following few days.

The thought of filming a music video for the song they had collaborated on was bad enough, but knowing the concept of the video-- which was a sexual idea-- just made matters all worse, especially since she was trying to move on from Shawn. Oh, she was fucked.

Her eyes flitted back to Shawn, who was still staring intently at them. She gulped when she noticed his fingers pressing harshly against the glass of beer he held.

"What if I joined you after shooting?"

As she peered back at the guy, she resisted the urge to roll her eyes.

'He was a nice guy,' she tried reminding herself. 'And I need to distract myself from Shawn.'

She bit down on her lip and smiled meekly. "Fine..."

And so, the night continued, with Camila hanging around awkwardly with her date while Shawn glared daggers into her skull. She almost thought her walls would bust down and she'd fall to his mercy like she usually does, but surprisingly, Camila held herself back from all that as she avoided Shawn at all costs.

Well... she dodged him until she excused herself to go to the bathroom to freshen herself up.

"Camila." She heard her name smoothly rolling off his tongue.

She licked her lips and twisted her neck, her eyes sweeping towards his frame. He looked good, especially up close like he was right at that moment. He had that particular James Dean daydream look in his eye. She would swoon, but she had to hold up her stance.

"What do you want?" She asked bitterly.

"Can't a guy just greet a friend in peace?" He asked, feigning complete innocence, though his eyes spoke something different. She almost let out a snort, finding a little pride spark in her when she noticed those jealous and fiery orbs.