Chapter Three: "Opposites Attract"

Trigger warnings for this chapter:

• Triggering/harsh language

• Violence

• Physical assault

• Mentions of human trafficking

• Sexual assault

• Emotional abuse

• Domestic violence

• Explicit themes

--

*Tuesday, December 31, 2019; 7:19 P.M. (Still present time, only in Adrian's point of view)*

Meanwhile...

Just like how I was doing a few nights ago, I'm standing up against a wall, smoking. Only, this time, I'm waiting for the "okay" time, so I can complete this mission.

"When will this dumb thing start? It's already bad enough that I have to stay in this dusty motel tonight." I wondered, as I exhaled the smoke from my cigarette.

I temporarily stop my smoking, I cross my arms, and I look around, thinking about my surroundings. The motel I was at wasn't bad, but it definitely wasn't that great either. As a matter of fact, this entire part of town was kind of in between, in a way.

This part of town wasn't a stranger to me, either. I basically knew this place like the back of my own hand. Which was most likely playing a huge role in how I've never gotten caught after completing my "night duties".

The gala I was going to was one of the biggest events of the year, and I've heard that you'd be lucky if someone even thought about putting you on the exclusive guest list. I know some people who would kill to go one of these, but I wasn't the same as them. In fact, I was the exact opposite.

Yeah, I know who Ian Royal is, and I don't like him, at all. People of his kind are dumbasses, to say the least. I can't stand him and his family.

Speaking of Ian, I heard that he's getting married to some girl in June. Boy, do I feel sorry for her; I wonder if she knows that her fiance is a complete and total dick.

Anyway, after kind of forgetting what time it is, I take out my phone, and the clock says: "7:25 P.M."

"It's go time." I thought, as I turned off my phone and put it back in my pocket.

I open the door to the motel, so I can go and get my "friends", and so we can execute our plan.

...

10 minutes later, I'm standing outside the gala venue, talking to Jaiden, who's one of my "friends". I don't exactly know if we're really to the "friend" stage, on account of how much we don't talk to each other. She's a great acquaintance, though.

After talking to her for about five minutes, I start to hear someone who's on their phone, borderline yelling into it. They weren't yelling loud enough for everyone to hear them, only loud enough so that only a few people specifically near them could hear.

I stop talking to Jaiden, and I turn around to see who it is, and my eyes stop on a girl, who has charcoal (?) colored hair, and is about 5'4. I'd seen and heard her on the phone earlier, I just didn't do or say anything about it until now.

I had no idea who she was talking to (or even who she was, as a matter of fact), but she was obviously pissed off. She went from looking as if she was going to burst into tears right in the middle of her call, to yelling into her phone even louder than before.