Chapter 8

"Akihiko, do not worry about tomorrow. I know that you are worrying about Lavochnik, but if you die, he will continue to live. Now you must sleep." I felt a kiss being placed on my forehead, as I succumbed to sleep.
____________________
"Akihiko, I look forward to our little fight tomorrow," a deep voice laughed out in the darkness of sleep, "I can't wait to rip your libs off of your waste of flesh."
I heard stomps on the ground as loud as thunder. The ground shook with the vibrations of the giants feet, and I saw him rise from the horizon.
"You will not kill me," my voice was barely audible, "I won't let you." The Ksame ran over the city, in mere seconds he was upon me.
A deep laugh left his lungs, and filled the sky with silence in its wake. I stood in horror, I couldn't move any of my muscles. I felt a fiery hand grasp my body, and lift me to the sky. My body began to contract. I felt my arms being squeezed into my collapsing lungs.
In one quick clutch my body was crushed.
* * *
"Gahh!!" I awoke screaming, with my sheets wet from sweat, but a cold damp sweat. I heard the pitter-patter of rain o the window. The morning dawn was just reaching over the wall, and the rain was slowing to a halt.
I stood in my room, taking in all the colors and scents of my house, I feared I wouldn't see it again after today. There was a knock on the bedroom door, "Yakiv, hey can I come in?"
Lavochnik! I thought, he can't see me like this, in nothing but my underwear. I scrambled to get my clothes on, "ahh...yea. One second!"
I put on my uniform and flew to the door. "Yes, ca-can I help you?" I asked as I walked out into the living room.
"Uhm...no. I just heard you scream and I thought, that u were in trouble or something," he said as he joined me on the couch. He put his arm around my shoulder and I leaned into his chest. My eyes closed slowly as I breathes I the scent of his clothes. "Yakiv-"
"Yes?" I asked.
"Wh-why do you stay to yourself? I mean, it's just...it's like you've shielded yourself from the world." His voice was held the tone of worrisome, but I didn't care.
I leaned back from him, "what? Why does it matter if I keep to myself?!" I stood up and walked to the window crossing my arms. "Sorry, I'm just...under a lot of stress."
I felt his hands rest on my shoulders, his thumbs moving gently over my Shoulder-blades. I turned to look at him, his eyes reflected the light so he looked like he had no irises and pupils.
There was a huge explosion, "kzoiech! What the hell was that?" I turned to look out the window. Out towards the southern gate there was a huge mushroom cloud, that cast a shadow upon the entire city.
The tips of fingers reached over the wall and pulled up the body of a 17 meter Ksame.
"That's him," I said to Lavochnik, "he's the Ksame I'm supposed to fight today." I looked into his eyes and saw his fear, the fear that he would never see me again. "It's ok. I will beat him."
"Promise?"
"Promise," I said resting my hand on his cheek.
A grim expression set upon his face, "come on, we need to kill that thing."
"I need to kill that thing," I pointed out to him.
We ran out the door and flung ourselves over the cliff upon which I lived. I could hear the wind blowing through my hair. My clothes were pressed tight to the front of my body. We flew to the wall and looked out into the deep black eyes of the giant Ksame. He bore hatred in his heart and death on his fingertips. He tried to slap us into the wall, but we moved out of the way with lightning speed.
This guys slow, I thought, that will make my speed a great advantage.
I fell over the wall, no longer being able to look at my opponent, when he charged threw the wall and hurled me into the ground.
My back hit the ground with such force it made a little crater around my body. The Ksame stood above me, and his foot smashed down.