He briefly considered attacking her, to force her into action but the notion of attacking her while she seemed so hopeless.

It didn't sit well with him.

"Azazel... please. You haven't moved all day... for the past two days..." he spoke softly. "Leah's here... she said she's gonna bake cookies with us? Sound like fun?" He tried again only to remain unsuccessful.

"Or you can run patrol?"

"Or you can just sit there like a potato bag."

Sam sighed again waving a hand in front of her face only to give up and trudge back inside the house. "Hey... how is she?" Leah walked to Sam wrapping her arms around his waist kissing his cheek. Sam shook his head accepting the affection with ease. "What happened? Maybe I can-"

"You can't do anything Leah. Leave her be." Sam cut off Leah abruptly pulling away from her. " Sorry...Let's just get started on your bake sale."

~~~~~~~~~

Seth rolled his eyes.

It had been an hour and Sam and Leah were dancing around each other. Leah would try to be supportive and find out what was bothering Sam or Azazel and Sam would shut her down with a change of direction.

Sam would then try to make it up to Leah by being affectionately sweet which honestly was disgusting.

Before it had been normal but lately... lately it had felt forced. Like they had to prove to themselves how they did still love each other.

They were talking to each other but weren't really talking.

It made him uncomfortable.

And to make matters worse his Gameboy died.

So how else was a guy supposed to keep himself entertained?

He looked over the gross couples shoulder to see Azazel and decided that he'd entertain himself with her. At this point anyone was better than mushy "We're so in love!"

"Heeeeyyy Azazel!" He grinned plopping down next to the woman a bag of chips in his left hand and a cup of coke "It's been a while hasn't it?"

He held out the bag of chips in front of her as an offering but noted she didn't respond. Seth's grin faltered and he noticed her eyes.

How blank they were.

The way his favorite uncle's got in the middle of a conversation.

Seth dipped his hands in the coke pulling out the ice and slowly placed it in her hands closing her fingers over them. Then he started to talk, "Ya know the other day I went to a baseball game with my friends. Alex is a real good hitter. I've never seen her miss a single pitch thrown her way-" and just like that he was off, talking about how he skinned his knee trying to catch a dog while it's owner swung a cane at him. "- although if we're completely honest it's the Geezer's fault he dropped the ball on the apple pie."

A scoff made him stop and turn to Azazel with an easy grin. The color seemed to have returned to her cheeks and her eyes were aware and looking at him fondly and with a bittersweet nostalgia.

Seth smiles and with that offers some of the Doritos to Azazel who accepts his offer taking a handful. "So did you ever manage to get the ball back?"