Grizzly's Diner

"Alright... looks like you're coming home with me."

"I think the fuck not!"

After what felt like the longest five hours of his life, Chief of Police Charlie Swan came to learn that the fifteen year old had been through hell

After what felt like the longest five hours of his life, Chief of Police Charlie Swan came to learn that the fifteen year old had been through hell. A hell that, "I'm not going to fucking tell anyone shit. Especially not to a Cop. I'm not a fucking idiot."

When the least productive interrogation of his life was finally over Azazel sat down on a bench where Charlie could see Sam immediately sit down next to her, most likely to ask about what had happened. "So?" Ms. Uley seemed to pounce on the Chief with as much curiosity as the younger Uley did to the fifteen year old.

"She's got no one..." Chief Swan admitted, or at least no one I'm willing to send her back to, "She's going to have to enter the system, but judging by how shifty she was once she saw my car puling into your driveway, she'll be back on the streets first chance she gets." he murmured his voice growing softer the moment he saw both teens looking at them intently, like they were listening.

"We'll take her!" Sam spoke firmly, loud enough that the entire station turned to look at the two teens in annoyance and surprise. Azazel could be seen behind him slapping her forehead and Sam shrugged but looking at his mom pleadingly.

Chief Swan could see Ms. Uley shifting uncomfortably and with another glance at the teens across the station, Chief Swan pulled Ms. Uley inside so they could keep  talking, without teenagers reading  their lips.

~~~~~

When the two adults left the office, there was an uncomfortable silence between them all... especially when Sam left the Station slamming the door open. "What did you do to him?" Ms. Uley shrieked to the fifteen year old and there was Chief Swan watching the fifteen year old girl's face turn from solemn to defensive within seconds. He could have sworn he saw a flash of hurt but that could have been a trick of the light.

"Nothing!"

"Then why did my son just leave like that?"

"I told him that I won't be living with you guys! Not my fault he didn't take the news well." Now that... that looked like the most teenage girl thing he'd seen the girl do in a while.

Ms. Uley threw a glance to Chief Swan's way to which Chief Swan nodded with a "Your son seems to be going through a difficult time. Why don't you follow him?" After another painfully awkward silence Chief Swan smiled at the fifteen year old. "Alright... looks like you're coming home with me."

"I think the fuck not!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It took three hours to get Azazel to understand that this was temporary and it took three days for him to hear the phone call from Ms. Uley agreeing to live with the fifteen year old. Apparently Sam just locked himself in his room and refused to see anyone.