Chapter 2

(recap)

 “I will be with you Ducky. I will always be at your side.” He said, leaning back to look me in the eyes before kissing my forehead.

I smiled up at him, happy to have him in my life, “You ready to go back.” Ethan asked a small smile playing on his lips.

“If I have to.” I said on a sigh. I glanced back at where the man was, saddened that this was my life. I remembered the first time it happened I had been in shock and then snapped out of it screaming, crying over the monster I had become.

We shadow ran back to the manor, making sure to keep away from my old house. My family home I had grown up in was full of hateful messages, the windows all broken, and the valuables stolen. I remembered the first time seeing it that way and wondered what I have ever done to deserve such a thing. I remembered my heart breaking like I had lost another parent.

I pushed memory to the back and concentrated on what was now needed of me, of the enormous task that I had to do, which was get Conquest and War to help me clean up this mess.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 2

“Violet, they’re all here. They’re in the War room. I have tried to prep them on our current situation.” Jonathan said as soon as he saw us at the door. It looked like he had been standing there for a while, just waiting for us to save him.

“Good. What was their response?” I asked hoping I wouldn’t have to go in there.

“They said that they won’t discuss grown up talk with an underling.” Jonathan said sounding pissed off.

“Sounds like something any of them would say.” I said in response. “Let’s get this thing over with.” I said drawing strength as I marched towards the War room, head held high and shoulders back. Showing more confidence than what I was feeling.

“They will help us Ducky. They have no choice, if they want to exist.” Ethan said trying to ease my mind.

That was another thing. Now that I was the Horsemen Death, I might not go to Heaven, heck not even to hell. I could end up as nothing, just disappearing, erased from existence, like I had never existed in the first place. Ethan and the other’s would go to heaven or hell, but I would just become nothing. No hope of seeing him when this was all over, no living happily ever after in the clouds, no nothing. I think that scared me more than anything else.

I said nothing trying not to think about the world ending and becoming nothing, Ethan didn’t know of my secret fear, and I wouldn’t burden him with the knowledge. We reached the door and I could hear voices from inside.

“Now Tommy, why would I help? I have never had this much fun since World War II. The destruction…the chaos. Just … divine. Look… I have goose flesh thinking of it.” I recognized the voice of War, reminiscing on one of the Worlds worst wars in history.