Chapter 6

(recap)

“Yes you did. The other’s they’re just looking out for themselves. This isn’t the only way Violet. We will find another way to spot the angels from coming and fix all this.” Ethan said holding me in his arms, trying to make me feel better.

I looked down at my reflection and it rippled as the leaf floated over it. In the dark waters I could see my mercury eyes swirling, staring blankly back at me.

I pulled away from Ethan sighing as I did, “Come on, we have a portal to close.”

 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 6

“I don’t think I can deal with another week of this.” I said sitting in the kitchen rubbing my temples.

I was out of ideas; portals had been opening all over town, in fact not just in our town. I had reports coming in that it was a freaking worldwide event. I was short of man power and we wouldn’t last long if we kept going at the rate we were at.

“We just need to rest and figure this thing out.” Ethan said sitting beside me.

“Rest? I don’t think I can… not when the world is falling apart.” I said taking a sip of my juice.

“Ducky… we’ll figure this out. We’ll find a way.”

“But when? When it’s too late? Maybe the others were right… maybe I should just drink from the fountain.”

“Don’t say that. You know they’re only out for their own good. Violet we’ll find a way that doesn’t involve the fountain. We just-“  Ethan stopped when we heard a loud bang coming from the front of the house. It sounded like someone road into our garbage bins.

“What was that? Another portal?” I asked already making my way to the front.

“I don’t know.” Ethan said

We both raced to the front and looked around and saw our bins lying on its side.

“What do you think it was? A racoon?” I asked walking over to investigate.

“It was me. Sorry to have scared you.” War said creeping out of the nearby brush, with a sheepish smile on his face.

“Why were you hiding in the bushes?”

“I was tying Terror to a tree, although I don’t think that would help. He’s been rather antsy lately with the impending doom and all.”

“Terror?”

“Oh, my horse. I forget you know nothing.”