"What?", Dominic asked.

"You. Acting like an asshole", Amiyah said. "That wasn't cool"

"I'm sorry", he said.

"What's wrong with you?", she asked.

"I don't know", Dominic said. "Maybe my period"

Dominic was trying to change the subject with a joke.

Amiyah bursted out laughing.

Dominic fake chuckled.

"You are crazy", she said.

Dominic smile as he sat down.

"You hungry?", she asked.

"Very", he said.

"Well, I suggest you find something to eat", she said as she walked to the kitchen.

"Really?", he asked with a smile.

Amiyah smiles. "Nah I'll make you something. Maybe if you eat, you won't be mean to my boyfriend", Amiyah said as she walked in the kitchen.

Dominic shook his head.

That afternoon, Amiyah and Dominic showed up together at his sisters baby shower.

His sister saw them and walked to them. "Hey, I see you finally spoke up", she said.

Dominic shook his head at her telling her to be quiet while Amiyah was too busy looking at his sister trying to figure out what he was talking about. Dominic looked at Amiyah then back at his sister and tried to play it off.

"What are you talking about Tiana?", he asked.

"Nothing", she said. "I was um...just saying how you
finally told her about the baby shower"

"Yea he told me like a week ago", Amiyah said.

Tiana nods.

Tiana was the same complexion as Dominic, she has thick curly and the same size as Amiyah but of course Tiana was pregnant. He looked like she was going to pop any minute now.

"Well it is good to see you", Tiana said as she hugged Amiyah.

"Same to you", Amiyah said before pulling away and looking at Tiana's stomach. "Looks like you're going to pop any moment now"

"I wish!", Tiana said. "I'm so ready for him to come out"

Amiyah smiled.

"But I have to go help finish setting up so we can start with the games", Tiana said before walking away.

Amiyah looked at Dominic. She always had a feeling that Dominic liked her, and so did Bianca. But she knew how Dominic is with the ladies and she enjoyed their friendship so she always acted blind to the fact. She felt like if he didn't say anything then he felt the same too.

Suddenly, Bianca walked up to them and Amiyah looked at her.

"I'm surprised you're here", Amiyah said.

"And without a gift. I just like baby shower food", Bianca said.

"You fake as hell", Dominic said.

"So, is your sister for inviting me", Bianca said.

Amiyah shook her head.

"And girl, I forgot to tell you that Lamar went to school with us", Bianca said.

Dominic looked at Bianca. "You mean dorky ass Lamar?", Dominic asked.

"The one you always used to make fun of", Bianca said.

"Him?? Damn he glowed up", Amiyah said.

"Glowed up? He's like a new person", Bianca said.

"I remember I always felt bad that Dominic and other people would pick on him so I would always talk to him", Amiyah said. "...I don't understand how he doesn't remember me"

"Or maybe he did and didn't bring it up because those were his embarrassing moments or since you didn't bring it up, he thought you forgot", Bianca said. "He did have a crush on you high school and maybe he wanted to let you see him for who he is now and not what he used to be"

"Small world", Amiyah said.

"Yea. The dork, glowed up and got the girl", Bianca said as she shook her head. "mm mm mm. I guess God don't like ugly"

Amiyah elbowed Bianca's arm for her to shut up. Bianca was throwing shade at Dominic.

"What are you talking about?", Dominic asked.

"Nothing. I just came for the food", Bianca said before walking away.

Amiyah shook her head.

"I guess you still have a lot to learn about ole boy", Dominic said.

"Hey, I still learn something new about Bianca and you everyday and I knew you guys for years", Amiyah said. "That's what makes relationship interesting"

Dominic nods.

Amiyah walks away to see down.

TO BE CONTINUED...