Chapter 14

Positivity corner 😇 😇

It was finally the day of the initiation

It was finally the day of the initiation. A very private moment for only the high ranking members of the familia .

So the billion dollar question was, why was she here?!

For reasons unknown to her she had been woken up at 11pm, with orders to be in the pits before the stroke of midnight.

Sharing quarters with Baba was really irking her. She even had a curfew these days, how horrid!

Chosing not to dally, she simply pulled her hair into a pony tail and pulled on the most simple but still gorgeous dress that she owned.

She didn't even know why she was bothering, it was night  and no one would care anyway.

So here she was watching the whole event, standing far away from the men. She might have grown up around them, but she taught herself to avoid them very quickly as a child when she unwilling witnessed a murder.

Baba had traveled and she was roaming the corridors alone. A maid, she could never forget the look of horror on her face. As she begged one of the high ranks to let her go.

There and there she was brutally raped. Matteo had stumbled on the scene and simply removed Scarlet from there.

Not even a word was said as he simply deposited her in Lady's room.

So now she was as far from them as she could.

Suddenly there was a hush as a shirtless Donovan knelt in a circle that she didn't see before.

In that position a clock started ticking loudly. As though a countdown began.

Then she heard humming, apparently coming from the men in the room. A shiver ran down her spine as the humming got louder.

She started backing up, not knowing what they were up to.

Then Baba stepped out.

He looked scary, scarier than usual. Maybe it was the lighting, it was unusually dim.

Then she heard a snap, more or less a whip. The cat-o'-nine whip made contact with Donovan's body and sunk it's claws in his chest.

And right before her eyes the whip was ripped out of him.

Not a sound was made. The whip met his person nine more times before Baba stopped. Then he applied something on the cuts that left a black smear on his bodice.

Then the clock struck midnight.

More hummings, which come to think of it sounded like incantations.

They continued for a while before you one by one the men took steps forward and applied whatever Baba had first applied on Donovan.

Soon everyone was done and left.  Leaving Scarlet, Baba, and Donovan.