Chapter 18: Damsel in Distress

Start from the beginning

What? I don't want it to be difficult when I'm washing it.

Now we're at her house and only God knows what's going to happen to her.

Poor Kayra.

I feel a little guilty because I encouraged her to sneak out to the party. I'm realizing now that I've been a really bad influence.

I turned to look at the backseat and she was awake.

Great! I was so not looking forward to carrying her up the front porch steps like a knight in shining armor rescuing a damsel in distress.

"Kay,do you have your keys with you?"

If she did,it would be easier for her to sneak back into the house without her parents finding out what she did.

"Yes,I put them in my purse,lemme just check."

Good

She rummaged through her purse and when I noticed she had a worried look on a face,it was obvious she didn't have her keys

"Kay?"

"Wait a sec", okay now I'm certain she doesn't have them

"Fuck!" She muttered

"What?"

"I left them on my bed"

Oh Kayra

"So what do we do?"

"Ring the doorbell",she answered.

"Are you sure?"

"I know I'm going to get in trouble but it's all my fault. So I might as well just accept my fate."

I laughed. It was so funny the way she said 'accept my fate'

"There's nothing funny in this situation Gale."

"Okay okay,are you ready?"

"Ready for what?"

Really Kayra, really?

"To accept your fate",I mocked her.

She glared at me and I stopped laughing.

"Okay okay okay, put on your shoes,grab your purse and let's go.

When we got to their porch,she looked nervous. Of course she would be nervous,who knows what kind of punishment her parents would give her? Well,they might probably just ground her but still,no one knows.

Knowing Kayra,she would want me to go back and save her the humiliation of me seeing her parents punish her. But I still asked because I was her friend,"Do you want me to go or should I stay?"

I was waiting for her answer when she began lose her balance.

"Kayra?"

She fell unconscious.

Just great!

Luckily,I caught her just before she hit the ground. I rang the doorbell a couple of times before her mom opened the door. Yup,she was asleep.

"Oh my God,Kayra?!" She panicked

"What happened to her?! And what is that smell?" I guess Kayra still reeked of alcohol.

"Wait a minute,where is she coming from and why are you with her?"

"Mrs Summers, we went to one of our school mates' party and Kayra got drunk and she passed out so I brought her home"

"Which party? Wait,I thought we said she wasn't going to the party."

Why do I have to be the one to tell Kay's mom what she did?! Kayra wake up and explain yourself,you damsel in distress

"Um ma'am,she kinda snuck out",I said the last two words under my breath and I was hoping she heard something different.

"She did what?!"

"She went to the party without you knowing."

"This young lady is in huge trouble."

"Um ma'am,can I please bring her inside? She's getting heavy."

"Oh yeah sure. So sorry. Take her upstairs,her room is the first one on the right."

"Yes ma'am"

Carrying her up the stairs was as difficult as I thought, I'm really making good use of my workouts at the gym tonight.

I threw her on the bed immediately I got there and whispered an apology.
I took off her shoes,placed her head under the pillow and covered her with the blanket.

I'm Stephanie's boyfriend, now I have to perform boyfriend duties for my girlfriend's best friend too? Oh come on!

I went downstairs after my work in Kayra's bedroom was done.

"Thanks for bringing her home",her mom said to me.

"You're welcome Mrs Summers"

With that,I left to go back to the party

After all,my parents didn't forbid me from going and I'm not the one who got drunk.

******

So Kayra's punishment is still not out yet. What do think of Gale? I think it was a nice thing he did bringing Kayra home and tucking her in .

Anyway,what happens next??

Don't forget to vote, comment and share.

Thanks for reading

-Jess💖