Chapter 16: There's a First Time for Everything

"So what do we do now?"  Steph asked after I told her my parents did not agree to me going to Britney's party.

"You mean,what do I do now? Because you're not the one whose parents won't allow you to go to a common party!"

"Chill sis. Okay fine, what are you doing to do?"

'I don't know, Steph. I don't know" ,I sighed.

"So you're not going?"

Suddenly I had an idea.

"Oh  I'm going to that party",I smirked.

"But you said your parents didn't allow you."

"Who cares? I'm almost eighteen. I can do what I want."

"Kay?"

"What?"

"You're not going to sneak out to the party,are you?"

That's precisely what I am going to do.

I looked up at her with my smirk still on.

"Kay!"

"What?!"

"You know if your parents find out,you'll be in big trouble." She stressed on 'big'.

"It's just a party,it's no big deal. And besides,they won't even find out."

"What's going on here ladies?"

"Gale,Kayra wants to sneak out of the house to Britney's party."

"Whoa!"

"I know right. Please help me talk her out of it."

"Wait,wait,wait. No one's talking me out of this. I'm going to the party",I stated.

"Well,I don't see why she shouldn't go. I think it will be fun. Every teenager has to at least do something adventurous once in a while. And if that's sneaking out to a party,why not? I'm all for it."

"Gale!" His girlfriend reprimanded him.

"Look Steph, even Gale supports me."

This time she sighed,"Are you sure want to do this?"

"Yes, I'm hundred percent sure. In fact,Gale,come pick me up."

"Sure."

"Cool. I'll text you"

"You guys!" We both looked at her with an expression that said,'What?!'

"Fine. I won't talk you out of it anymore because I know you won't change your mind. Just don't get caught."

"I won't get caught Steph, trust me"

As if on cue,the lunchtime over bell rang and we went to our last classes for the day.

*********

I was currently having supper with my parents. My party clothes were neatly laid on my bed. I just needed an excuse to go upstairs and to keep my parents out of my room for the night.

Fortunately,my mom spoke first

"Kayra,we know you're upset that we didn't allow you to go to your friend's party. We're your parents,we know what's best for you",she said in her 'caring parent tone'

Yeah right.

If she wasn't my mom,I would have rolled my eyes but I didn't want to throw away the manners this same woman taught me so I remained quiet.

"Kayra?"

"I'm fine mom. I have no problem."

Now's my chance

"In fact,you did good because I suddenly have a really bad headache and even if I were to go to the party, which I'm not...."

Of course,you are

".....I wouldn't be able to. Um,can you please excuse me. I think I should rest now before my headache becomes worse."

"Oh I'm sorry honey, should I get you some medicine",my mom offered.

"No thanks mom. I think I just need some sleep. I'll be okay."

"Oh okay dear."

"Yes, and you don't need to come to my room because I'll be asleep."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes I am. Good night Mom. Good night Dad."

"Good night Kayra",they said simultaneously.

So that was easy. I didn't expect it to go so well. Why have I never done this before?

When I got to my room,I quickly changed into the clothes I had laid on my bed. Now I had to wait for my parents to go to their room so I can sneak out. That didn't take long because they usually watched a movie in their room every Friday night when my mom was not at work.

I had a text from someone. It was Gale.

Kay,I'm here.

I arranged my pillows to look like a sleeping person and covered them with my blanket just like they do in the movies and cartoons. I looked out and Gale's car was parked on the other side of the road, just as we had planned.

I said a quick prayer before making my way out quietly through the window.

Once I was safely on the ground,I ran as swiftly as I could to his car.

'Wow! Kayra Summers just snuck out of the house",Gale teased.

"Shut up Gale. And drive before someone sees us."

"Ay ay captain."

I can't believe I actually pulled this off.

*****

Hey everyone. It's been a while right? I'm really sorry for the extremely late update. I'll try to update more often.

Meanwhile,what do you think of this chapter? Do you think anything will happen at the party?

Feel free to comment and please don't forget to vote.

Thanks for reading xxx

- Jess💖