important author's note

hi friends! thank you so much for checking out this story! ♡ hopefully you've already read The Search for Lily Myers, but if you haven't, definitely go do that first (I'll put the link at the end of this part)! even though this story is a prequel to that book, this one is intended to be read second for a couple of reasons.

mainly, because this book is basically one giant spoiler for The Search for Lily Myers. a lot of the plot twists in that one revolve around our main character amelia learning about her friends' complicated pasts, and those are the stories that are going to play out in this book. if you read this prequel first, you'll spoil huge portions of the main story for yourself.

i'm also writing this with the expectation that you've read The Search for Lily Myers and already have some understanding of the characters. this book is told from 2 POVs and takes place over 7 years, so it's a lot different from the first one in terms of pacing! the plot has to move along quickly, so i won't thoroughly re-explain some things that you would have already learned in the first book. it's been really fun for me to start writing the younger versions of the characters from the last book knowing that you guys already have expectations for what you think they should be like. i hope you'll enjoy it!