Chapter 29: Be Still

Start from the beginning

"Hi sweetheart." She sobs happily once again at the sight of her. "Oh my god I love you so much, you've been through a lot huh?" She laughs through her tears. "Oh sweetie you have no idea how happy I am to meet you." She kisses her forehead. "Your daddy and I love you so much, princess."

"So much." I whisper as I lean my head against Caroline. She wraps a free arm around me and pulls me close. 

"I love you."

"I love you." She kisses my lips, I don't want to let her go but the baby starts to fuss. We laugh into the kiss and pull away to look down at the baby. "We need to give you a name don't we?" I say taking hold of her tiny hand. 

"Any ideas?" She brushes her fingers over her cheek.

"How about Ada?"

"Ada?" She looks down at the baby who just stares at us with wide eyes and her mouth open wide. "Ada, Ada Destiny Mikaelson." I smile. 

"That'll go straight to her head, I hope you know that." She laughs.

"Oh I know, but she brought her into this world and saved my life; she earned it."

~ Caroline's Pov ~

"Where's Elena?" I ask, reluctantly ending our happy moment. Klaus sighs. 

"She's in the basement, dying from my venom." I nod. "She tried to kill Ada, and you. I can't-"

"It's okay, I know. If you didn't do it I would have killed her anyway. She came after our daughter, an innocent child, to get back at you; she's not Elena anymore." I take a deep breath. "I'm okay."

"You're not." Tears start to fall from my eyes, Klaus wraps his arms around me.

"Whenever I thought about having children, I always thought Elena would be there along side me; we wanted to be moms together, take our daughters to dance classes and help them with their Miss Mystic applications, but the reality hurts so much. She was supposed to be my best friend Klaus, she was supposed to love and support me...I don't know this Elena, she's not the Elena I knew. It feels like my best friend died, she's gone forever." He rubs my back as I sob into his chest. We sit in silence for a while, Klaus soothing me as I calm down. "Could you heal her?"

"Caroline-"

"She needs to pay for what she did, venom is painful but she dies quickly." 

"I think I'm rubbing off on you love." He smirks at me. 

"I want to talk to her, then we can all decide what to do with her." 

"Not alone."

"Just wait behind the door, she won't talk to me with you there." His eyebrows knit together, he does not like this idea. "I know what I'm doing, trust me." He nods. 

"Before we do anything; your poor mother is downstairs worrying about you, I think you should go show everyone you are indeed alive." 

"My mom's here, oh my god." I quickly get out of bed, Klaus stands and keeps his arms around me incase I fall. "I'm okay." We leave the bedroom and walk down the two flights of stairs to the foyer, we stand outside the closed sitting room door and I take a deep breath. You go first, I mouth to Klaus who rolls his eyes; I give him my best mom look and he raises his hands in surrender with a smile on his face. He relaxes his face so it's unreadable and once I'm against the wall out of sight he opens the door and walks in, immediately there are questions from every corner of the room. I take a deep breath and walk into the room, my mom gasps and nearly collapses.  

"Caroline!" She sobs and runs to me, wrapping her arms around me and pulling me into a tight hug. "Oh baby I thought I lost you." She cries into my shoulder. I hold her up with one arm and keep her close to me, it's only been a month but god I missed her so much.