Chapter 14: Spirits!

Start from the beginning

        "Really?" Leif raises an eyebrow at me. "I thought there'd be more to it than that."

         I shake my head, grinning. "No, human clothes aren't too complicated."

        Asch crosses his arms. "Are you mocking us, human?"

        "Oh, no. I was just saying." I state, quickly, before he can get the wrong idea. "Now, try the new clothes."

        In unison, they lift the black skin-tight armor of their shirts away, revealing their unsurprisingly toned bodies. My face reddens at the sight and I cover my eyes.

        "Waitwaitwait- l-let my leave the room first!" I stutter out, backing away from them.

        "Why does it matter?" Leif inquires.

        "I-It just does, o-okay?" I turn away and dash into Ava's bedroom, slamming the door behind me. "W-Well, at least I didn't see anything el- you know what, (Y/n). Don't even go there."

~Second Person PoV~

        You had barely been in your room for over five minutes before you heard the door open and the Daemos go to check it. You, of course, assumed that meant Ava was home until you heard Asch yell something.

         "Intruder! Leif, evasive maneuvers!"

        Yeah, that didn't sound good...

        You rush back out to find that their Jake, the aforementioned landlord, in the apartment being held against a wall by one of Leif's scythes.

        Well, at least they're wearing their human clothes?

        "What are you guys doing?!" You question, your voice filled with panic. You attempt to go to Jakes aid, only for Asch to grab your arm and push you behind him in an almost protective fashion.

         "Did you call for reinforcements, (Y/n)?" He inquires, glaring back at you.

        "What? No!" You shoot back, defensively. "He's just the landlord, there was probably, like, a noise complaint or something."

        "A human lord?" Pierce questions, quietly.

        Asch turns back towards poor Jake, who was getting paler in the face by the second. "Or it was Sorceress Ava who sent him!"

        Jake's eyes dart over to you, fearfully. "S-Sorceress?! (Y/n)..."

        Asch summons a fireball into his palm. "We demand answers!"

        To add to the already thick tension in the air, Johnny and Galaxy seemed to be at odds as well, chasing each other around the room. And while you had to admit that it was adorable, this was definitely not the time!

        And then, right on cue, Ava and Rhys returned, both wide-eyed at the sight. The Daemos, not noticing them, only continued to act on the "intruder" situation.

        Leif moves his scythe even closer to Jake's throat, causing the young landlord to tense up even more. "Ah-! Ju-Just please don't hurt me!"

        "Quiet, human lord!" Asch spits back, aggressively. "We know Ava sent you in to kill us!"

        "I have no idea what you're talking about!"

         Pierce, finally taking note of Ava's presence in the room, and points to Jake. "This human came and snuck in!"