四. 𝐊𝐍𝐈𝐅𝐄𝐒, 𝐊𝐍𝐈𝐅𝐄𝐒, 𝐊𝐍𝐈𝐅𝐄𝐒!

Start from the beginning

"What is the best way to defeat an enemy?"

The guys gave out immediate answers, but the wrong ones.

"You have a lot of training ahead of you. Oh, and while you're at it, please assist Harper with her most recent task." Wu said, walking away from his students.

Cole furrowed his eyebrows and turned to look at his cousin, who was walking towards them. "What is the 'task' Sensei was stalking about?" He asked her, doing air quotes with his fingers.

"Sensei wants me to choose a weapon to train me in, by the end of the day. But I don't know what to pick, there's so many options!" The short girl exclaimed, tugging at her thick braids anxiously.

"Weapons? But Sensei said your training would only extend to self-defense." Cole said, his bushy eyebrows furrowing in confusion.

Harper only shrugged. "I know, it surprised me too. But Sensei thinks I'm ready for it." She said.

Cole didn't say anything after that, he couldn't go against his sensei's teachings but he wasn't sure he liked the idea of his baby cousin handling Ninja weapons. He thought he knew what he agreed to when he asked Sensei Wu to train Harper, but this was going too fast for his liking. He had assumed her training would only be limited to self-defense and other stuff, not the handling of weapons.

"Well do you have any idea of what you want, kid?" Kai asked, snapping Cole out of his worried thoughts.

"Not really," Harper said, letting out an overdramatic sigh. "There are so many good options and I don't know what to choose." She complained.

"Then why don't you try all?" Jay suggested, making everyone to send him weird looks. "I mean, you can try every weapon we have here and you can discover what you're most comfortable with." The freckled boy explained.

"That's...actually a very good idea." Kai said, seemly surprised by his own words.

"Don't sound so surprised." The boy in blue deadpanned. Everyone just ignored his witty comment and headed into the weaponry room. After the fire at the Monastery, most of the weapons had survived, and the ones that didn't were replaced. So, they pretty much had any and every type of Ninja weapons.

The four teen boys decided to take turns and each give Harper an introduction into their own weapons, and the ones that can vary from them. First was Kai, both him and Harper using normal swords to spar. (They didn't need another lecture from Wu about how irresponsible the Ninja were with their Golden Weapons).

Harper was quite keen with the sword, not the best but she wasn't the worst. The same with the katanas, but she wasn't too comfortable with it. It was a good second option, she admitted, but it wasn't her first.

Next was Jay. He explained that the Nunchucks, or Nunchakus, where probably the easiest and lighter weapons there are. But, it was very tricky to get a hold of them at first. She ended up being very mediocre at it, constantly smacking herself or Jay. She deemed it as a no-go.

Cole was next, and let me tell you it was an almost immediate fail. The scythe, or Kama (if you want to be more traditional about it), was originally a farming tool that was turned into a weapon. It turned out to be way too heavy for Harper, and a little bit too dangerous, which was a real bummer to the girl since it was the one she was more excited to try out.

Lastly it was Zane's turn. The Shurikens were very light and very easy to handle, even much more than the Nunchucks, and were very entertaining to practice with. It also helped a lot that Harper had an excellent aim, however they were very tricky to hold, so they weren't her favorite. However, Zane also introduced her to throwing knives.