Naruto x Reader - Modern College AU

Start from the beginning

"Oh sorry, did you want a hot one? I didn't think of it", you exclaim looking at him with your eyes widened.

"No I mean, why are you not having a hot one?", he asks.

"Oh I think I am hot enough to keep myself warm", you giggle stupidly.

"That is true", he responds taking a sip of his coffee.

"What?", you ask him blushing a bit. Did he actually say you are hot?

"What?", he asks again absentmindedly like he didn't realize what he just said.

"Oh I GOT AN IDEA", you almost scream looking at him.

"What?"

Your mind races and you squeal tapping your feet for a second before opening your mouth.

"You should come with me. For the break. YES!!", you say

"What?"

"You don't have to stay here. You can come back home with me. None of my cousins are coming this year, and my sister is coming back with her kids, so it might get boring anyway. And my parents love more people at home, so why don't you come with me? I just live three hours from here, so if you get bored you can come back!!!", you explain the whole plan super quickly, your mind racing.

"Umm, Y/N, I don't think we know each other enough for you to take me home", he says politely. For being a knucklehead, he was overly formal in some situations.

"I know. But we can get to know each other on the way", you say your eyes twinkling.

"I don't know. I don't want to make you awkward", he says scratching his neck.

"No, I am not taking no for an answer. Please please please", you say holding his hand.

"I don't feel comfortable", he says.

"Oh right. Okay sorry. I never thought about that. Sorry", you say embarrassed and blushing slightly again. You didn't think, he wouldn't want to be at someone's house like that. You weren't that close! You both have your coffees in silence barring few small sentences here and there.

"I ll give you a ride?", you ask him once you both leave the shop. "Okay", he says and gets in the car.

"So what time do you leave tomorrow?", he asks before leaving the car when you reach his dorm.

"Mostly early morning. 6ish, want to avoid the morning rush", you reply.

"Okay. Have a safe trip and have fun. Happy holidays!", he says and leaves before you can reply. You feel a bit sad and embarrassed. You Didn't want to make him uncomfortable, you just wanted to, well.. know him. 

"WOW, I probably like him, I will definitely ask him once we are back", you think and drive to your dorm.

Once you get in you throw your shoes and plop on your bed sighing. You take your phone out and text him. But then backspace because you didn't want to seem too desperate. You sigh again and throw your phone on the bed and bury your face in the pillow.

**Ding**
Your phone rings and you move after a few lazy moments to check it. Your heart jumps out of your chest seeing it is from Naruto.

Naruto: Hey
You: Hi there
Naruto: It was nice seeing you
You: Yes it was! We should hang out more.
Naruto: Definitely!
— silence —
Naruto: Thanks for the coffee. It was nice of you to ask.
You: Anytime. I am sorry if I made you uncomfortable, though. I really didn't mean it.
Naruto: No, that was cool. I might take up your offer
You: Woah, what's up?
Naruto: Dorm leaking, don't want to deal with it till they fix it.
You: More than happy to help. Pack your bags, blondie!!!! We goin on a VACAY!
Naruto: ...
You: Sorry
Naruto: See you at 6
You: Yes, see you.