chapter fifty two

It was awkward to say the least when Harry arrived at the burrow. There was so much fuss that even if I wanted to talk to him, I wouldn't have been able to. I was stood like an idiot wearing an old cooking apron when we made awkward eye contact.

I could sense Harry wanted to say something to me, but George burst through the door with his head pouring with blood. Of course, my heart stopped for a few moments but not even losing an ear could wipe the smug grin off of his face.

It was now a few days later and I had gone back to hiding away in my room as the attention now fell back on to Harry, which was familiar and comforting in a weird way. It was rare that I went an hour without daydreaming about Draco, my mind a million miles away from the world I was stuck in.

I continued to oversleep, knowing that when my eyes were closed, I didn't have to be there any longer.

It was the morning of Fleur and Bill's wedding and my heart felt heavy. I wanted to be far away from any sign of romance and yet a wedding was love in its purest form. I slipped into the black dress Narcissa had bought me months before hand as it was the only thing, I had with me and as much as I loved Molly, I didn't trust her sewing skills enough to make me something that didn't make me look ridiculous.

I stared at myself in the mirror for a few moments. My cheeks were hollow, skin pale and legs boney. I sighed before tying my dark hair half up to keep it out of my face. The lace of the dress covered my arms and the skirt fell mid-way down my shins, so I was happy with how covered my body was considering how putrid I looked and felt.

"You look nice." Ron smirked entering the room. He wore a white shirt with a lilac waistcoat. He looked so grown up. My heart sank for a moment as I it reminded me of how long gone our innocent childhood was and what was coming in the very near future.

A few years ago, Ron would have saw me dressed up and instantly gone to make fun of me causing an argument and in a strange way I missed it.

"Thank you, Ron." I smiled gently before yawning and rubbing my eyes.

"You can't be tired!" He expressed, flailing his arms. "You've been asleep for about 2 months."

"Shut up." I rolled my eyes but smiled up at him. We had a small moment where we both took a deep breath and looked at one another. I stepped fore ward and wrapped my arms around him and to my surprise he happily complied. "Aren't you scared?" I mumbled into his chest.

"Of course, I am, we all are." Ron responded quickly. "But this might be the last night we have all together before things get bad."

I nodded before releasing us both from the hug. He grabbed my hand and gave me a smile before leading me out to the large area they'd built to hold the reception. We took a seat at the back and he poured me a large glass of fire whisky.

We both began people watching as everyone was grinning, dancing and having fun. My mind drifted away as I began to imagine myself and Draco here, my arms wrapped around his neck and he swayed me back and forth. I bit my lip as I reminded myself that that would never be my reality. We were from two different worlds and I hurt us both by attempting to force my way into his world.

I turned to Ron and caught him staring at Hermione who was smiling and welcoming guests. I rolled my eyes; they had both clearing been crushing on each other for years and yet neither one has admitted it.

"Go ask her to dance." I nudged him, breaking him from his trance.

"Hermione? No way." Ron shrugged. "I'm like you, Amelia. Destined to be miserable and alone forever."

"Prat." I giggled smacking his arm. He chuckled, lifting his drink to cheers it with mine but as I lifted mine to clink it with his, a dark black figure caught my eye and I turned my head.

Death eaters.

Ron's smile instantly dropped. Everything felt like it went it slow motion, Harry grabbed Hermione's arm and dragged her outside as everyone began to fight off the death eaters.

My body moved faster than my brain did as I stood to my feet. This was my chance. I could get caught, they'd take me to Malfoy Manor, and I'd be with Draco again.

My eyes were wide as my glass smashed on the floor and I took a few large steps fore ward. I caught Molly's eyes as she shot a disarming spell at one of them. She shook her head quickly as I ran foreword.

A death eater who I recognized as Scabior began making his way towards me with a smirk and I stood still, ready to be taken.

He was a mere meter away from me when I felt a tough grip on my arm that yanked me the same way Hermione and Harry had exited minutes ago. I felt myself come back to reality and Ron grabbed both my shoulders.

"What the bloody hell do you think you're doing!" He screamed. His head snapped to the right as I stood disheveled. "Quick, we have to go."

Ron grabbed my arm once more and I trudged behind him as he made his way straight to Harry and Hermione before grabbing on to Hermione.

Everything had gone so quickly, before I knew it, we had apparated to London and I was stood in the middle of the street with Ron, Harry and Hermione.

"Amelia?" Hermione furrowed her eyebrows. "Ronald! What the bloody hell is she doing here?"

"I wasn't going to leave her!" Ron shouted back.

"Trust me, Hermione. I want to be here less than you want me here." I muttered. "Can somebody explain to me what is going on?"

Hermione huffed slightly before leading us into an alleyway.

"We must change." She sighed before pulling garments out of a small purple bag. She passed clothes out to Harry and Ron before looking up at me.

"Of course." I rolled my eyes. "Nothing for me, I presume."

"Well you weren't exactly part of the plan." She responded.