chapter eleven

This summer was a strange one. Molly and Arthur Weasley were spending a lot of time away from the burrow and would occasionally take Ron, Fred and George with them leaving Ginny and I behind. It felt a lot like they were keeping secrets from us and all the trust I had regained last year had disappeared as I was once again being left out of everything that was happening.

I wrote to Cormac weekly like I promised but it felt odd as this was the first summer that I had not been in contact with Draco at all. Tracey wrote to me often, but I hadn't heard much from Hermione or Harry.

This was the first day Arthur and Molly had agreed to bring Ginny and I along and it seemed as though even Ginny was in on what was happening. Ron and I had had a huge argument a few nights before as Ron refused to tell me anything and I guess they all realized how unfair it was on me.

They took me to a secret house on a muggle street in London where they had been coming and going all summer. They didn't give me much explanation as we arrived and walked inside. As I was walking down the corridor and taking in my surroundings, I made eye contact with someone I recognized instantly as Sirius Black.

Harry had told me a lot about Sirius. He explained to me how he was our godfather and how he was wrongfully imprisoned, but I was yet to meet him despite me begging Harry every time they were in contact. I stopped in my tracks as we looked at one another, but before I could say anything, the door was slammed shut by Molly Weasley.

"Amelia!" She said desperately trying to distract me. "Come on, kids show Amelia to her room!"

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion, but Ron quickly grabbed my arm and dragged me up the stairs. Upon entering the room, I was met with Hermione and I quickly ran towards her to embrace her in a hug. Before I could ask what, this place was or what was going on, someone else entered the room. I soon realized it was none other than my brother himself and I ran over to him to embrace him in a hug. Hermione soon copied my actions as we all greeted each other.

"Harry! Are you alright? We overheard them talking about the dementor attack, you must tell us everything." Hermione exclaimed.

"Dementor attack?" I questioned but simply realized it was yet another thing that they had kept quiet from me.

"And this hearing at the ministry, it's just outrageous!" Hermione continued.  "I've looked it up they can't expel you."

"What hearing?" I questioned again a little louder, but Hermione and Ron simply gave me a guilty look in response.

"What is this place?" Harry sighed, stepping forward into the bedroom.

"It's headquarters." Ron replied.

"For the order of the phoenix." Hermione finished. This was all news to me. I huffed to myself and crossed my arms over my chest, sitting on the end of the bed after realizing my questions weren't going to be answered. "It's a secret society, Dumbledore formed it back when they first fought you know who."

"Suppose you couldn't have put any of this in a letter." Harry remarked.

"Now you know how it feels to be left out." I scoffed as Harry gave me a sympathetic look and sat down next to me.

"I've gone all summer without a scrap of news." Harry exclaimed, clearly hurt.

"We wanted to write, mate." Ron replied with a guilty look on his face. "Really, we did only- "

"Only what?" Harry butted in impatiently.

"Only Dumbledore made us swear not to tell you anything." Hermione finally admitted. Harry glanced at me and I shrug my shoulders to let him know I had no idea about any of this.

"Dumbledore said that?" Harry asked quietly. I rested my hand on his sympathetically. As stubborn as I was being that I had been left out of all of this, I could tell it was hurting Harry more. "But why would he want to keep me in the dark maybe I could help? After all I'm the one who saw Voldemort return!" He stood to his feet in anger. "I'm the one who fought him, I'm the one who saw Cedric Diggory get killed!"

Before Hermione or Ron had the chance to reply, Fred and George appeared behind him, giving him a fright.

"Harry!" George exclaimed.

"Though we heard your dulcet tones!" Fred joked. "Don't bottle it up though mate, let it out!"

I stood to my feet and smacked them both over the head for intruding.