chapter six

I tried to not let what happened with Draco ruin my night. He confused me so much it made my heart hurt and I wasn't going to let him continue treating me this way. I joined Hermione, Krum and Cormac once again and danced the night away. I didn't see Draco again that night however I did see Pansy floating about, I assumed Draco left after our short meeting. The night sadly came to an end and Cormac walked me back to my common room hand in hand. We got along a lot better than expected. We stopped outside the common room to say our goodbyes.

"Thank you for a lovely night, Cormac." I smiled up at him, releasing my hand from his.

"No problem, I had fun." He smirked, looking back down at me. He leant down slowly and pecked me on the lips. It was nice but was hardly as passionate as the two kisses me and Draco had shared. "Goodnight, Amelia." He said before turning and walking away. I smiled gently to myself as I entered the common room looking down at my feet. I was making my way to the stairs to the girl's dorm when a voice caught my attention.

"You're back late." Draco's voice remarked from behind me. I jumped slightly before turning around and furrowing my eyebrows. He was no longer in his dress robes and his hair was slightly messed up.

"And?" I said, frustrated.

"Just saying." He mumbled.

"Well don't just say. I asked you to leave me alone." I spat, turning back around and storming up to my dorm. I got into my room and changed into my pajamas, Tracey still wasn't back, and Daphne was fast asleep in her bed. I struggled to sleep that night as I had so much on my mind.

-

I woke up the next morning feeling groggy after not much sleep at all. Tracey was now in her bed asleep and I decided to get up and have a shower. My mind was going at 100 miles per hour as I couldn't stop thinking about Cormac and Draco. I realized that realistically, Cormac was a lot better for me than Draco. For a start my brother and Ron wouldn't disown me if I were to be with him. I wanted to be with Draco the night before, but he didn't treat me fairly. Draco had had 4 years to tell me he liked me, and Cormac kissed me after spending one night together.

I hopped out the shower and washed my face before getting dressed and walking back into my room. I saw a very happy Tracey sat on her bed just staring foreword with a smile on her face.

"Good night?" I giggled, breaking her out of her trance.

"Blaise asked me to be his girlfriend!" She squealed. My heart sank into my stomach, but I didn't want to ruin her moment. Tracey was the only one who only really knew of my crush on Draco as she revealed her crush on Blaise to me in second year.

"That's brilliant, Tracey." I smiled, giving her a hug.

"How was your night with Cormac?" She pried, smirking at me as I sat next to her on her bed.

"Eventful to say the least." I chuckled before filling her in on everything that happened, including Draco.

"Yeah, I was with him and Pansy all night and he was miserable. I caught him looking at you like 10 times while Pansy was all over him." She remarked making a disgusted face.

"What do you think I should do?" I groaned.

"I have no idea, maybe take a break from Draco for a while and see how things go with Cormac. I don't see Malfoy getting over you anytime soon." She joked.

"I don't believe that for a second," I chuckled. "He barely gives me the time of day."

"Are you kidding? He's obsessed with you, Amelia!" She remarked as I rolled my eyes.

The day went by pretty slowly, it was a Sunday, so I didn't have much to do. Cormac came and sat with us at dinner and I could feel Draco's eyes on me the whole time. Hermione was giving grief to Harry the whole time about not figuring out the egg yet, but I kept to myself the hint that Draco gave me as I really didn't feel like talking about him, especially in front of Cormac, Ron and Harry all at once.

Harry, Ron and Cormac got on surprisingly well other than the few times Ron told Cormac off for having his arm around me.

Maybe Cormac wasn't so bad.