chapter thirty seven

Draco had completely opened up to me about everything. He told me about the Occlumency lessons Bellatrix had been giving him every day and what he was planning on doing to kill Dumbledore. His emotions were all over the place, sometimes he would wake up fine and others he would wake up in a foul mood. However, I made a promise to take care of him and I was going to do everything in my power to do so.

We were going into Diagon Alley today as there was something Draco needed to do. I didn't pry or ask too many questions as I knew he already had a lot of his mind. We apparated into London and Narcissa, Draco and I made our way to Borgin and Burkes, a place I had never been to before.

Walking down a dark and small alleyway, my heartbeat quickened as I noticed a group of death eaters waiting for us outside the shop. Draco stopped in his tracks, noticed how nervous I looked and gave his mother a look.

"Amelia, how about we run a few errands while Draco looks around." Narcissa asked kindly. It took me a few seconds before giving her a nod. Draco released my hand and kissed my cheek, soon making me aware that he wouldn't be long.

Narcissa and I began making our way to another shop. The state of Diagon Alley was upsetting, most shops closed down and torn to pieces, including Ollivanders. However, we did pass a new shop that I didn't recognize called 'Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes' with two giant statues of Fred and George on top. I couldn't help but feel a little sad but also happy for them.

I kept my mouth shut as I obviously didn't want to express this to Narcissa and continued on walking. We reached a small clothes shop, filled with dark colored clothes and suspicious looking people coming in and out. We entered and I followed Narcissa around as she browsed.

"Why don't you pick something out?" Narcissa asked with a small smile.

"Oh- I couldn't possibly, but thank you." I smiled in return, not wanting to seem like someone in need.

"Amelia, it would be my pleasure." Narcissa continued. I agreed and took a few steps away from her, looking around in the dress section. I came across a plain black short dress with lace sleeves, checked the price tag and decided on that one as I didn't want to be rude and pick out something too expensive. "That's lovely."

We checked out and then began making our way back to Borgin and Burkes.

"You don't have to worry about Draco, Amelia." Narcissa expressed to me on the way. "I, myself, have been unable to sleep. However, I have got someone to look out for him."

"Who?" I questioned with furrowed eyebrows.

"Severus. He made the unbreakable vow." She kept her voice low.

"But Snape – he's part of the order." I expressed. I would never have revealed this information prior, but I couldn't let Draco be in danger.

"We know. He tells the Dark Lord everything." Narcissa explained. My jaw tensed; I always knew there was something off about Snape. I couldn't quite understand why Dumbledore trusted him. "If Draco succeeds... the Dark Lord will release my husband from Azkaban."

I gave her a small nod of understanding. I was beginning to understand how alike Narcissa and I were. She clearly did everything for love, and I was the same. We were about to turn the corner towards Borgin and Burkes when a group of three caught my eye. Hermione, Ron and Harry stopped in their tracks and were all staring at Narcissa and I. I raised my eyebrows and shot a glare at Harry before continuing on, not speaking a word of them.

We reached the mysterious looking furniture shop and waiting outside. After a few moments, the group exited. Draco walked out first, gave his mother a nod and walked towards me. The other death eaters turned the other way. However, one of them turned back and stared me dead in the eye, he had long scruffy dark hair and he sent an evil smirk my way. I furrowed my eyebrows and shook the image out of my head before we made our way back to Malfoy Manor.