Chapter Thirteen - Dinner

Christopher pov

Sitting at my desk finishing up my last paperwork for the day my mind goes back to Victoria. She surprised me this morning. I didn't expect her to come here and apologies for her behaviour when we first met. She is something else and I am even more impressed by her.

Margaret comes into my office letting me know she is going home. "Good night Margaret, See you tomorrow."

"Bye, Christopher, Just want to say I like Victoria a lot," she says walking out. Shaking my head smiling, Margaret is a sweetheart and she is not going to let this go.

Switching off my computer, I get all my thing and lock my office. I was invited to dinner at Jack and Bianca place, I met Jack a few months ago before I found out he was married to the youngest Mclaren.

I don't really like talking about my mother. Jack saw me at her grave, he never pushed me to talk about her. He started talking to me about the different type of grass growing around the cemetery, at first I thought he was crazy but it turned in to a casual conversation and then I start opening up about my mother myself. He just listens, he is the first person in a while that I feel I can trust. I was shocked when I found out he was married to Bianca.

The way he talks about his wife, I can see he loves her. He is excited about being a father and it got me to think about where I am going with my life. I was content with my life but the more I think about it the more I feel that I need something more.

Sunday, I just felt like I needed my mother and everything that happened with Victoria I needed to clear my head. Victoria was the last person I was planning on seeing there. She takes my breath away every time I see her. Jack saw me after I said goodbye to the Mclaren's and asked me to come for dinner Monday.

I felt guilty leaving Sophia alone at the hotel but she assured me that she has plans with a friend and won't be alone. Michael and Luke went back to America today they will come back again in six weeks when its the opening of my new building.

Driving to Jack and Bianca cottage on the otherwise of city and I am running late, arriving at my destination is a small place compared to the Mclaren mansion but it looks like a home. Jack told me Bianca loves to bake, I ask Margaret to get me a basket with everything to bake, I can't show up empty-handed and they don't drink so wine was out of the question.

Walking up to the front door I knock on the door. I hear someone scream behind the door she will get it. When the door opens the most beautiful woman and the person that haunts my dream stand in front of me.

"Christopher," she says surprised.

"What..What are your doing here?"

"Good Evening, Victoria."

"I was invited to dinner." she stands there looking at me shocked.

"Sorry, Come in." she waves with her hand for me to enter.

I walk into the small place. Victoria is tiny against my big frame. I know she is intimidated by me but her spitfire attitude, she tries to cover it. She closes the door behind us and walks pass me telling me to follow her.

This place is nothing like the house Bianca grew up in. Its average house but the decore is still modern and everything looks neat. Elizabeth is a warm person and her house no matter what always felt like home and her daughter house also reflect that.

"Hi Christopher," Bianca walks up to me and greets me with a hug she is taller than Victoria and her pregnant belly visible, when she hugs me I can feel the tiny baby bump. "It's so good to see you again."