Chapter Three - Driven

Victoria's POV

My dad tells everyone it's time to go to the tracks. I know I was rude to Christopher but the way he makes me feel I have to stand my ground and show him that he can't walk all over me.

My dad explains that, unfortunately, they can't drive themselves but we have experienced drivers and that they will still feel the rush as passengers.

They are all busy discussing the new Silverton track and my dad told them that we sometimes test drive our vehicles there. Safety is our main priority and although it's a luxury sportscar our SUV and Sedan ranger is for the family and Businessman. That's why we test it in different environments.

I wasn't planning on doing the test drive myself, but I just want to prove something. I don't know maybe it's my pride pushing me, but I just felt this is something I should do.

I get myself ready in the dressing rooms and put my driver's suit on. I tell Anthony, one of our test drivers that I will take them. He started to laugh in my face, but he knows me well by now, and the expression on my face tells him they pissed me off so he goes back to the control room and says he will navigate me.

I get into the car and take a deep breath. I have done this a million times before and I am a very good driver but I still felt a little jittery as I felt the immaculately designed steering wheel under my fingertips. Before my nerves get ahead of me, I take a deep breath, ordering myself to not let anyone-especially Christopher- get under my skin.

I'm a powerful intelligent woman, who can do anything.

The next moment Christopher gets in the car and I am so glad I have a helmet on. In the car, Anthony's voice comes out clear over the speakers. I show a thumbs-up to Christopher, asking him if he is ready. I point to my safety belt and imply that he must put it on. He complies, and I push the start button as the engine roars to life, the vibrations passing through my arm. Unable to help the small smile I pull out of the garage to the track, and stop by the starting point, waiting for the counter.

The light goes from red, orange to green, and I floor the accelerator, finally able to race this car like it was supposed to be raced. I shift my focus on the road, occasionally peeking at the speedometer. The car has a sensational acceleration and goes from zero to a hundred kilometres per hour in four-point two seconds.

Anthony explains over the speaker everything about the model we are driving. "The first generation AMG45 is motivated by a two-litre, turbocharged, four-cylinder that puts out three hundred and seventy-six horsepower and four hundred and seventy-five Nautical miles of torque..." while Anthony continues I focus on the road.

I'm starting to feel more comfortable and it's time to show Christopher what this beauty of a machine can do, rather than what I can do, but I push this notion aside, for now.

I started driving when I was twelve and was taught by professional race car drivers. Safety always comes first and you can't be arrogant driving a powerful machine like this, and despite the temptation, maintaining a safe speed is mandatory. The track we are driving on is an oval and about five kilometres in all-around length.

The AMG is our test drive model. The matte black exterior gives it a sporty look and is hard to resist since it looks a lot like the model you will buy in the showroom of the dealership, but its inside is only two bucket seats and cross strap safety belts. It's for a test drive only and developing and testing technical and mechanical systems.

I am gaining speed, the drive is smooth and already at hundreds and twenty kilometres per hour, I'm barely controlling the urge to floor it, and test the limits. The top speed is two hundred and fifty kilometres per hour but I won't push it that much, maybe a two hundred just to make sure the engine is manageable at the high speed