Lost In A City

Mulai dari awal

     "Thank you for coming. I am glad you enjoyed the show." I motioned us all to the couch as Christian pulled out his phone handing it to Gabby. She did a little dance with her shoulders, flinging herself onto the couch, and settling into whatever she was doing.

      "Yes it was pretty amazing. I've never seen anything like it. But then again this was my first concert."

     "I was your first concert?" I asked, my eyes going wide.

     "You were," he said, a wide smile on his face, much like Gabby's and DJ's. They all had the same smile. I wondered if they got it from their mom or dad. DJ never told me much about her family, besides what she told me that day after falling at the lake. I also knew she was closer to Christian and Gabby then anyone else in her family but I longed for her to share everything else with me too.

     "Well I am honored."

     "No I should be the one who is honored. You have become a household name in my house. If it isn't Gabby not shutting about you or your music it is all of us talking about you and DJ." With the sound of her name my heart began to ache, my eyes falling down to my hands where I fidgeted with the ring that Gabby gave back to me before we walked into the room. "Sorry," Christian added after seeing my face.

      "No it's okay. I wanted to talk to you about that actually," I said bringing my eyes back up to meet him. I didn't know what I was doing but I knew it was what I wanted and after DJ receives the letter, maybe she would want it too. "How is she?" I asked. Really wanting to know the answer but also scared of it too.

     "She is alright. I want to tell you, truly, this wasn't you. I think if anything she wants you to know that. She has just been through a lot and it gets to her sometimes," he says without giving details, but I don't ask him for them either. I don't want to know them from him. I want her to tell me her story when she is ready.

     "I completely understand. I want her to feel like she can talk to me. I don't know how much she told you about when she was on tour with me," I said.

     "Not a whole lot. If I'm being honest she hasn't talked to any of us about it." With his words I could feel my heart ache again. She has spent a month not talking to anyone?

     "Oh. Well, I need you to know. I love her. More than I have loved anyone. She is my home, and I don't know if she feels the same way but-"

     "She loves you too. That I know for sure." His words brought me hope. "I know you have been wanting to give her space, but can I say something without stepping on your toes?"

     "Yes please, anything." I didn't know what he was going to say but if he knew something that could help I wanted to know it.

     "Stop," he spoke out. My eyes widen in curiosity. I wanted to ask him what he meant but he continued on before I could get a word out. "Stop giving her space. The longer she sits in her own thoughts the worse it is going to get. DJ is an adult. She can handle her own stuff, but as much as this is the weirdest sentence that will come out of my mouth, you need to smother my sister. You need to show her you don't want to let her go. Words are fine but she is better with actions." I knew he was right but there was only so much I could do when she wouldn't answer my calls and I was on tour. But I knew exactly what action I wanted to make. It was the thought that I couldn't get out of my mind from the moment I saw her lounging in the park, the sun illuminating her already amazing glow.

     "Would you be okay if I asked your sister to marry me?" I said not realizing I actually said it out loud until Christians eyes grew wide.